Released Q1 2023 Update and Content Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 21, 2023.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Personally speaking "100% Wet" just means the track is fully wet, doesn't necessarily mean Red Flag to me, if that's what it's supposed to mean then yeah the wording could do with being adjusted perhaps.

2. elgagon

elgagon Registered

Then Red Flag would be more than 100%

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

But let's say it IS a red flag situation, the game should then prevent you from starting to drive until the conditions dried up at least a few percentage pts.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Indeed, something like 120% like what the AI strength goes upto!
    Either way I don't recall any official documentation stating 100% = Red Flag but I may be wrong.

5. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Well, you are supposed to qualify with a full tank of fuel. It is a rule and why it is like that. AI fuel management needs fixed for Stock Cars. they need to always start with a full tank of fuel.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The wet levels were changed a while ago, I think this was mentioned but it's obviously not indicated in the game.

MarcG likes this.
  7. Travis

Travis Registered

The problem is it's not obvious at all. Why have a wet option that should result in a red flag? Even with full flag rules, there isn't a FCY at the start of any session nor does the player receive a warning the track is too wet to drive on from the spotter or in-game messaging system. Compounding the issue is many of the AI cars drive on a 100% wet track without issue, including driving through large puddles.

It's a solvable issue, I am simply highlighting what a new player or someone unfamiliar to rain in rF2 would experience.

pkelly and MarcG like this.
  8. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

It would be good if the driver is aware via the UI of :

1) The % of wet road where the different types of tires should be used (slicks, intermediate, wet);

2) According to the rubber and the % of wet road what the driver should expect on the dry driving line.

[Moreover, it is now time IMO to integrate aquaplaning into the physics engine (especially not fake, but why not a little simplified if PCs would have trouble managing it).]

9. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Let's say 100% is borderline red flag. It would be practically the same but no red flag. If there's a real meaning to the percentage, maybe it would help to show it, like water per square.

I don't think it's bad like it is. I would try a wet level, see what happens and change it if it's too much or too low. No need for worded levels like "too low", "good enough", "too much".

10. Bernat

Bernat Registered

What's the issue? This is the 2023 Q1 thread.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Also of note: those large puddles are just graphical. Another thing not obvious to the newcomer.

@pilAUTO telling the user what conditions require which tyres is overly prescriptive, potentially misleading, and probably quite difficult to be confident about - as the effect on different tyres is defined within the tyres (for each car) and may not be easily analysed as regards overall performance. But yes, aquaplaning would be good to go with the puddles, as another of those features people would love to have and then 90% will wish never to encounter.

Bernat, TJones and Rui Santos like this.
  12. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought it may be deliberate. Its just a pity the Ai don't adhere to the same rule at the moment.

13. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Isn't a river 100% wet?

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I would say yes, precisely the point in the comments on this issue that 100% can be interpreted in different ways :)

15. Bernat

Bernat Registered

There's one way that I think makes more sense than the rest. Take 0% as dry and 100% as so wet that we don't care that it gets even more wet. I guess that's the logical way most of us think intuitively.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In a game with moddable cars even that still fairly vague definition starts to lose meaning.

17. John Ratcliff

John Ratcliff Registered

Hello everyone!

We have just released a mini patch to fix old engines not respecting RPM limits.
    We all love a high-revving engine, but there can certainly be too much of a good thing!

Cheers, John

Travis, jayarrbee36, elgagon and 10 others like this.
  18. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thanks, John. Guess you are the new "Community Communicator". Good luck with your new responsibilities(whatever they might be) and may I suggest you identify your posts with a bold icon or bold print to differentiate "Official" posts from our everyday ones. Merci.

19. John Ratcliff

John Ratcliff Registered

Thank you! I have done just that, and will do so in future.

r00b Driver and SmellySkidmark like this.
  20. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Have test the update with Enduracers cars and the ASR cars and they work fine now. Thanks for update.