Released Q1 2023 Update and Content Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 21, 2023.

1. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

wow no official announcement about the info of the update...

SS

2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

facebook has all the infos, sadly

3. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Lots of problems with this build. Not only are there huge stutters when entering sessions, but most annoyingly I am getting rejected downshifts in the GT3 Porsche, when running with low rpm (well below that in which shift protection should happen). I'm getting a lot more notifications of wheel lockups as well, under braking, and when I'm not even triggering the antilock braking. Something horribly wrong here.

4. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

... which should never, ever be the case. This is really a wrong policy, and needs to change. If anything, the place it ought to be posted as a priority is Steam, since at least normally you are going to get the update from that as you launch. But secondly, it should be here, and not on "social media" like Twitter/Facebook or even Discord.

Mark Lloyd, sampopel, Lars and 7 others like this.
  5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

it's not the end of the world, the game is full of bugs, they fixes a few, and you cry cause you have not (yet) the changelog....this world has no hope

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Those aren't problems, those are working as designed. Refused shifts are due to two thresholds, ZERO Throttle input and less than 20% throttle body (the fly by wire control) opening. You have about a 5% deadzone now and you can add a small deadzone to your throttle pedal in the calibration screen to help prevent stray signals confusing the program. Most users complained vociferously for about two weeks and now the large majority of the users have learned the new method for shifting. (notice I said 'Most' there will be some that do not like this no matter what)
    The wheel lock up light is telling you the ABS is detecting imminent lockup and is engaging to try and prevent the flatspot, depending upon your in-car settings, you can reduce the intervention.. The same lights also display wheel spin during acceleration or cornering and that is notice that Traction Control is working. You can assign keys/buttons for both functions and increase or decrease how sensitive the ABS/TC engages.
    The single biggest ABS issue still outstanding is the CLUNK the 911's produce when either braking or downshifting. The DD guys with powerful wheels are getting noticeable 'end of travel' type feedback during such conditions.

@AlexHeuskat Two years ago I would have agreed with you. But the game is far from that state now. Still plenty to do, but more progress in these past 14 months than the last 5 years.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    Corgan, Bernat, RaceNut and 1 other person like this.
  7. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Wrong. It wasn't doing this yesterday before the build update. Something has changed and badly.

8. I agree to the "sadly" - there are people who don't have a twitter, facebook, instagram, whatever there is account ... and do not care for such "social" media sites (are they really social?).

9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

A little hint: you don't need an account to read stuff on Twitter or Facebook. Granted, it would be nice to have something like an update hub on the forum similar to how it is done on Discord but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. ;)

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  10. I know ;-)

And I do not lose any sleep, but it is a sad situation with a majority of announcements and other stuff - and sometimes twitter or facebooks sites of communities and similar are set to "private" ;-)

How did Stephen King say? The world has turned ... ;-)

11. There are people who are not on the forum, not on discord and correct not on social media. But we have just gotten a new community manager who handles this. Unfortuantly he did not post it in this thread in time for a meeting and RoWo beat us too it.
    Aim is to post it on forum, steam, discord and yes then on our social platforms whenever there is an update. But that does not mean one cant be made sooner than the other, nor does it mean one of them can't slip and we have to manually do it a bit later :)

Lars and pkelly like this.
  12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

If ever there was an order of Priority it should be (IMO of course...);
    1. Steam
    2. Discord
    3. Forum
    4. Facebook/Twitter
    5. Others
    The reason I put Discord before the Forum is simply because the forum is dead compared to what it used to be like, much more activity on Discord although in essence they should all get updated in the space of a couple of hours at least. Steam being #1 because that's where we all go to get the update (as said above) in the first place, makes sense.

Alnorate and Brian Watson like this.
  13. John Ratcliff

John Ratcliff Registered

Hi everyone!

We have a new BOP update for our GT3 cars. You can find all of the details of the changes below:

Aston Martin: +10kg
    BMW M4: -12kg
    Ferrari: +8kg
    McLaren 650s: -3kg
    McLaren 720s: -5kg
    Mercedes: +10kg
    Porsche: -10kg

We hope you enjoy!

Bernat, Travis, sg333 and 6 others like this.
  14. Ralph_Raccoon

Ralph_Raccoon Registered

That´s a joke, isn´t it? It´s not even April 1st

datasting likes this.
  15. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

Thank you for fixing the fuel issue on the Formula E cars.

16. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Who is John Ratcliff? Not a very effective announcement...compared to how Paul presented update info:(

17. philman

philman Registered

I repeat it. Is there a driver in S397?

pkelly likes this.
  18. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

No mention of changes to the: Audi - BMW M6 - Bentley - Callaway that I've downloaded today.
    Is the Radical also coming?

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Tough crowd.

r00b Driver, Kahel, RNelson and 2 others like this.
  20. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

The M6 seems to be the car to be in since the first BOP, well that's how it looks in our GT3 series atm, 4 rounds in.

SS