WIP Slow AI at night

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by KaiLodiDE, Feb 3, 2023.

1. KaiLodiDE

KaiLodiDE Registered

Hello there,
    a fellow simracer and me would like to race a custom season. But we discovered, that the AI is much too slow at night times. They are like 2 second slower than daytime. Sometimes more. Meanwhile my friend and me aren´t anywhere that much slower when it´s getting dark.
    That problem occurs with talent files and also without. It´s also happening on all tracks. Track temperature isn´t a factor aswell as trie wear on or off. AI strenght or the specific cars aren´t the problems nature. We did already sort that out. Everything is on the newest update releases. Reinstalling the game isn´t helping. In conclusion it seems to be progamming problem. Any solutions?

In the past we didn´t have these kind of problems (a year ago).

Below a picture of the evolding times starting in daytime and going through to full nighttime.

[​IMG]

2. ViPER7

ViPER7 Registered

Sadly this bug is still there in the newest build and after a fresh install.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Interesting, I'll offer a possible similarity to GTR2. The AI would accumulate small Aero Damage when rubbing against other cars, especially in the first few laps. That would build up over time and penalize the AI with a rather large Drag number that would slow the AI controlled cars down. The cure was to save & reload, but then you would have a perfectly clean AI car.
    So try testing again without Damage on.

4. ViPER7

ViPER7 Registered

Thats not it either. Its like flipping a switch and the whole AI field drives 2-3 Seconds slower per lap. When it transitions to daytime again they drive the times you would expect.

5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Does it happen with a certain car?

6. ViPER7

ViPER7 Registered

It happens with every car i testet so far. Thats the whole GT3 field after the newest Update + GTE, Oreca 07 and the Vanwall. I used different circuits like Bahrain, Silverstone, Monza and Spa.

7. ViPER7

ViPER7 Registered

Sadly the bug is still present after the Update. Is there no solution for this? I can't use the Endurance Content i paid for because of this bug as it makes long races completely unenjoyable... Tried everything on my end to work this out but nothing helps. Happens with paid content or with mods it doesn't matter.

8. Coutie

I'll check it on Monday.

9. ViPER7

ViPER7 Registered

Any news on it? I just tested it once more to screenshot the times the AI drive for better understanding of the problem. I tested it in private qualy so nobody stands in the way and with 20x time scale so i don´t have to wait 12 hours. Happens on normal time scale too so it´s not a factor. Everything from lap 5 - 13 was in the nighttime and the track i used was S397 Bahrain

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Coutie

I've reported it. Don't know if anyone will have time to fix it though, unless it's a simple fix.

11. ViPER7

ViPER7 Registered

Allright thank you. Game is unplayable for me in the meantime but i will check on it in a month or so.

12. Craigbowie

Craigbowie Registered

I saw the other day that someone was saying that the cars are racing slower at night since that last update.
    I can confirm this. Yesterday i raced Sydney Motorsports Park with the FVR 2022 Supercars Mod.
    I did a 50 lap night race at 100%. Qualified at 4.30pm and race start at 7.30pm. During qualifying i could only manage 10th about .500 behind the leader. During the race i passed everyone to take the lead by the end of the first lap. i finished almost 1 minute ahead by the end of the race.
    Went straight to a day race, qualifying was the same, and during the race i absolutely struggled to keep up with the cars...
    You can say there's a night and day difference between the time of day you race...(pardon the pun)..
    Looks like a bug to me!
    Anyone else having the same issue???

13. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Exactly the same as you, same mod, same track. Night racing the ai was so slow, at day time they performed as expected. Exactly the same findings as you.

Craigbowie likes this.
  14. ViPER7

ViPER7 Registered

Welp it's still not fixed. I can't wrap my head around this. Why even bother fixing the AI behaviour with 10+ fixes while this glaring issue prevents proper multiclass racing in the first place? Really disappointing to not even see it listed under the "Known issues" part of the patch notes.