Stockcar Tracks List

Discussion in 'Locations' started by machine, Dec 12, 2016.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

[QUOTE = "machine, post: 1036711, member: 24453"] Asegúrate de tener también instaladas las pistas originales. League Tracks es una colección de actualizaciones de las pistas originales.[/ QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply. I found the problem, it was my fault. I have solved it by unsubscribing and re-subscribing. Regards.

2. RedBarchetta

RedBarchetta Registered

Really love the overall driving feel of this new stock car so I have been testing against AI on some of the road courses. They behave much better than on ovals. They tend to tiptoe around the circuit, but that's okay because I do the same. These cars are definitely a handful!

Robert Bachmayer likes this.
  3. Lars

Lars Registered

Hi ,

WatkinsGlen setup for 2018 has got different camber settings at the front (-4.4/-1.6); probably due to "symetrical" setting disabled..

greets
    Lars

atomed likes this.
  4. machine

machine Registered

-1.6 is a good compromise for the right front. Probably anywhere between +1 and -3 might be worth testing. -1.6 seemed to work ok for me.
    There is 1 left turn and 4 critical right turns. (there are others not so important to lap time.)
    The 1 left turn leads to a very short straight, so lost speed in corner is minimised.
    The 4 critical rights all have a vital effect on speeds up long straights. T1 & T2, Carousel, and last turn.

Eric Rowland, Lars and atomed like this.
  5. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

Hello
    I subscribed to the "league track" on Steam but I can't see your updated Indianapolis. On my circuit list I have only one version of Indianapolis, the 1.18.
    I tried to unsubscribe and subscribe again to Indianapolis and league track a couple of times without any success.
    What could I do?

6. machine

machine Registered

Hi. We have been reformatting how these tracks are given out. League tracks has small updates to ISI & S397 tracks that are specifically designed for Stockcar racing. Like alternate pit stop boxes, fixed pace car line, yellow lines at pit exit entry, amongst other things. These updates have caused issues for leagues running other races that are not Stockcar using the same tracks. The original tracks are in effect broken. I would advise anyone using League tracks to only use for offline racing. This should be renamed soon. Other full versions of the track that are renamed and don't conflict with the original tracks will be made available for Leagues to use.

pkelly, Lars, VirusGR42 and 3 others like this.
  7. Blisterd

Blisterd Registered

I downloaded the sets.I can see your notes but the gearing was off.The ones I installed were the Michigan ones all had low gearing .I'll have to try a different track.

8. machine

machine Registered

These setups are for the Stockcar 2018 mod by S397. The older 2015 setups or obviously for the 2015 version. The higher tyre pressure setups are dead as all mods with that configuration are gone.

Lars and atomed like this.
  9. Blisterd

Blisterd Registered

Ok I have 2018 stockcar mod. I'll take another look thanks for the sets much appreciated.

10. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

I didn't practice Nascar / oval for long long time and recently decided to give it a new try
    Thank you very much for all you do to keep it alive in RF2 and offer us some content, set ups, tips, etc

One question regarding your "classic stockcar" in the workshop:
    I understand it uses Stockcar 2018 physics. I could read that the SC2018 had a major update last year.
    Extract from the SC2018 X announcement : "in line with the recent StockCar 2018 changes we introduced late last year."
    Though I couldn't find the official news announcing this major update of the SC2018
    Does your "classic SC" include this update already?

11. Lars

Lars Registered

Stock Car 2018 update by S397 was published in December 2022 and announced here among others:
    https://www.studio-397.com/2022/12/q4-2022-bonus-pack-released/
    StockCar 2018 v2.25
    • Updated 3D models (flaws/rain effects).
    • Updated liveries & Paint Templates.
    • Updated brake torque.
    • Updated aero package.
    • New shaders applied to all objects.
    • New digital dash.
    • New sounds added for new sound engine.
    • V2 tyre update (52 Compounds).
    • Added wipers for road course wet weather racing.
    • Updated all default setups.
    • Implemented RCD Talent file.
    • AI improvements (all tracks they run on).

machine's classic stockcar mod was last updated in 03/2022 , so probably the S397-update above isnt implemented...

nounoubleu likes this.
  12. machine

machine Registered

No it is still on the previous Stockcar 2018. I have just been a bit slow to update it.

Lars and nounoubleu like this.