Game crashes with Donington

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lluís Tallada, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Lluís Tallada

Lluís Tallada Registered

Hi,
    After few weeks without launching rFactor2 i tried to enter the a public practice server in the BTCC series of the Low Fuel Motorsport website.
    The server needs all de BTCC cars, the oficial Donigton circuit and a custom BTCC mod available through rfactor2 steam worshop.

I have all the required content, all BTCC cars, the LFM BTCC mod and of course i also own the Donington circuit but everytime i try to enter the server the game crashes few seconds after the loading page goes to 100%.

The problem also happens if i try any local combination with Donington. Tested with the radical and usf2000.
    Other online server combinations like nola + porsche 922 or Watking Glens + GTE (another Low Fuel Motorsport series) works without issues.

I've reinstalled the game twice, tried to uninstall and install again the Donington circuit in the ingame content manager and also using the rFactor2 Mod Manager. It seems like my Donington circuit is broken... :(

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Touc

Touc Registered

i have the same issue, do you have an AMD gpu by any chance

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

For the love of all that is HOLY! Mother Mary pullllease stop everyone un-installing, re-installing, un-installing, re-installing ad infinitem. Just rename your player.json file and 85% of issues are often corrected right there.
    If you have an AMD video card, there are driver issues with rF2 official tracks at this time. The last reliable driver was v22.5.1, use DDU in windows safe mode and remove your current drivers and then install v22.5.1.
    If you do not have an AMD card, then verify your files in Steam. NV card owners have had a very few video caused lockups, but more on the AMD side.

azaris likes this.
  4. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Make sure you format your PC next time as this is known to fix all RF2 bugs