Released Long Beach Grand Prix Street Circuit

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 14, 2023.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Load rF2, got to the Manage Content tab and then choose the Store tab. Check to see if the Track is not installed. Then try to install it from there. If you see an orange checkmark, that indicates it is only partially installed, you may have to un-install, then install it again.

SmellySkidmark likes this.
  2. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Thanks Dave that werked

SS

davehenrie likes this.
  3. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

loving it

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

most beautiful track so far

5. sg333

sg333 Registered

Is anyone close to the 01:05.3095 IndyCar pole time from last year? Cause I'm not :confused:

6. AKR

AKR Registered

Unfortunately stutters here (5900X, 3090, Pimax8KX), better: not as smooth as other tracks. Unavoidable though because of all the high buildings etc. and the latest eye candy. Also a little too bright for vr. No regrets though since I can drive it every now and then on a monitor....

Maarten Nauta likes this.
  7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

even playing at 2560x1080 with a 5600x and 2060 super makes things really hard to make it good fps
    very fps hungry the new track but best looking track so far full of colors
    amazing work but i need better PC which is already expensive

8. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

Yeah it stutters quite a bit especially in exterior view. It makes me think CPU limited, im on 5900x/4090 with triple 1440p. I also have reverb g2 but I havent tried this track on there I can imagine its not that good.

9. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Also here with 6700K and 1070 there are often stutters.
    Above all, the replay collapses!
    With 23 opponents you notice it.
    No problems with 15 opponents!
    It's not like that on other tracks.

10. Stevy

Stevy Registered

*sigh*....what is it? Why is it like this?

Ok so Long Beach isn't an unknown track.
    I did drive it before in different sims. In different conditions. Different cars.

It is ok, I get why people like it or hate it. That's it.
    It's a street track which has a history and has different series drive there, plus is has a meme hairpin.
    Nothing special really.

But here....something is different.
    I don't know what it is. Is it because rf2 is my main sim? Or is it perhaps really something like a r-factor? (you see what I did here?)

Never had I ever such a pleasure to drive on Long Beach. Indycar, BTCC, LMP, GT3 it doesn't matter.
    It just clicks after the first few corners and suddenly I get why the track is so popular and fun and great like many people claim.

The same thing happend to me with the BTCC tracks.
    I always thought Brands and Donnington are boring and nothing special.
    But once driven in rf2 the whole impression of the tracks changed. (But I still think there are better tracks :p)

And now Long Beach.
    What is it? The FFB? The physics? Or just my imagination?

I don't get it but I love it. Long Beach is great. So much fun.
    Can't wait for my first online race there and see the meme hairpin in all it's glory.

11. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

:confused::eek:

12. atomed

atomed Member

@Stevy Long Beach is like Homer Simpson, it should be hated but it is lovely.

coltair and Manfredk2 like this.
  13. Comante

Comante Registered

I think the added depth of detail of 3D scanning the road surface bring a level of sensorial detail into the simulation that add immersion. Driving even in 2D is not a boring wait for the next braking point, but is a continuos feeling of the road under your tires. I really wish I could have a better than G27 wheel in this age.

14. sg333

sg333 Registered

The FFB, the car physics & models, the incredible detailed environments - rF2 is just the complete package and it immerses you. Like driving deep into braking zones actually triggers that part of your brain that says 'this isnt safe' :eek::)

Rui Santos likes this.
  15. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

rFactor2 has always had something I would call the "X factor" (or I guess "R" factor works in this case). :D

It's always been a title that I find hard to stop playing, even when certain aspects frustrate me. To me, it's less about the car / track I'm driving, and more about the driving experience. It's hard to define what "X" actually is but, I often get lost in the process, whether hot lapping / racing / or just exploring content.

delapecs, The_Bad_Fasterd and pkelly like this.
  16. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

On that subject, the other day my rig had an issue with a Windows update, so I couldn't play rF2 (resolved by rolling back to a previous save backup point). With some time on my hands in an evening and a desire to drive, it game me an interesting opportunity to go out in a couple of other sims and turn some laps. Although other sims have many, many outstanding attributes, I just ended up giving up after a while and watching TV as put simply, the feeling in rF2 is just so, so, so much better.

17. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

The circuit is in terms of 3D and laser modeling outstanding (S397 job).

IRL :
    In principle I don't like street tracks at all, only Monaco because of its incredible visual environment pleases me a little (a little bit).

I don't know the historical and sporting context of Long Beach but I don't understand why LOT of people likes it so much (I respect them of course).

It's a street track (therefore very bad point for me), the visual environment is much inferior to Monaco IMO (matter of taste maybe), the layout is interesting but honestly nothing special and it's the most important.

So the charm doesn't work for me.

But quite often I'm not a big fan of USA tracks.

Just an opinion, not typing.

18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

That's the "big" problem with rF2. Once you've found joy and taste in it, you're infested / spoiled.
    Everything else is just bland.:D

Full_Ninja and Rui Santos like this.
  19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The weird thing is...being a track in the USof A, it turns clockwise like most Euro circuits, while many if not most of the US tracks circulate counter-clockwise. The track's history started with F1 around 1975 - 79. After that the Champcar(Indy) took over with a fairly well attended Celebrity race included each year in street going Toyotas. There have been 3 basic layouts, the F1 which started a block further inland and up the small hill you can see as you turn down the back stretch.(Turn 8).
    Then the pits were moved down to the waterfront and the the course turned right at the end of the s/f curved straight thru a series of 90° corners as it worked it's way block by block to the back straight.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yes, very striking attribute. The only other ones that come to mind are Palm Beach, Portland, VIR, Road America, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Willow Springs, Watkins Glen, ...