New DX11 HUDs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whitmore, Dec 26, 2017.

1. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Is there a help guide to use the Dev Mode HUD editor. I have been into the editor seen how it basically works but struggling to see about adding the new elements such as delta time.
    There are some great HUDs being released but find I am needing to make slight changes to suit my screen such as vertical distance HUD is from bottom of the screen and the particular placement of speed & gear as examples.

I would like to know how these changes can be made then I would not need to rely on others to do these changes or be able to make my own from.

While I wait for some expert help
    Edit 1. Success with adding delta best to the standard mini hud. It is a text item that I added to the status bar so turning the status bar on or off so to turns the delta time on or off. Now I expect that I will need to extract the original mini.mas file and swap out the newly saved mini.ini file. - I bet I break the game by doing this though !!

Edit 2 After making new MAS file and repackaging a new RFCMP and installing success with getting the HUD to show as an option in the onscreen display choices, BUT, game crashes each time I choose my new (adapted from SIMHQs) HUD. I have dropped the height of the gear and speed readouts. Thanks SIMHQ for the base HUD.

Edit 3. Success with choosing my modified SIMHQ HUD. Last line of INI file was still pointing to the original MAS file. Renamed to suit my new MAS file now loads all good.
    So much of RF2 is self help and hours of finding out how things work it is incredible. Some factory user guides with the operation of new features would really save a lot of time.
    I now will set about understanding what all the menu option naming conventions at related to. I will document my experience in detail for other that may wish to try the same type of changes as I have.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    atomed, Corti, Ho3n3r and 4 others like this.
  2. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Ricardo Diz, DA, atomed and 12 others like this.
  3. Goanna

Goanna Registered

4. Nortski

Nortski Registered

Thank you for your hard work.
    When editing/creating a HUD, are you restricted on where you can position stuff? I need to create a custom hud for my VR headset as all the existing ones are positioned far too low.

DA likes this.
  5. solerpalau

solerpalau Registered

6. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Sorry files have since been deleted they no longer exist

7. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

I still have a copy of that doc, are you the author?
    Do you mind if @Goanna and @FuNK! back it up elsewhere?

Goanna and FuNK! like this.
  8. Goanna

Goanna Registered