Multi player

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Danny O'Neill, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Danny O'Neill

Danny O'Neill Registered

I have just d/loaded the new release candidate and I was going to have a look at the multi player, I wanted to see what everyone was playing as it's been a long time since I fried up rfactor and there's so many new cars and tracks to buy now and they all look wonderful, not sure to go for the BTCC or the GT3's as I love all these but because they cost a bit (still quite good value for what you get) and I can't afford them all straight away lol I was wondering what most people were driving but every time I try to race I get a server error, server and client mismatch (client 1130 - server 1131) not sure what to do?

2. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

Hi Danny.

I would assume most servers are run on non-beta build version (1130). I suggest you go back to the publicly release version. That should allow you to join most servers.

On the cars, BTCC cars have been novelty differentiated content for rFactor 2, and with LFM running races with it, I think it's been quite popular. That said, on Feb 7th, an important update for the GT3 cars will be done, with new tires and BoP, so I would assume this popular simracing class usage will come back strong. In the end, it kind of depends what type of car you prefer driving. Just remember that a new update will make it so you don't need all the cars a server is using in order to join (e.g., you could purchase the one you want the most).

Cheers

3. Danny O'Neill

Danny O'Neill Registered

Hi Ricardo
    thanks for getting back to me, it's a great help, I went to the LFM site and d/loaded the BTCC packs 1+2, the astra, bmw and croft just so I can try them out before I even think about jumping in to the multi-player or indeed a league :) I'm now trying the cars and croft out and getting a bit of very much needed practice but I went into RF2 and tried to setup a quick race, but when I goto all cars and tracks I can't see the BTCC series?
    Any ideas how I get to load the btcc series ?

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There isn't a 'BTCC series'. If you join a server that uses particular cars and tracks you'll then have the 'event' that ties those things together, and if you select that instead of "All tracks and cars" you'll only have that server content to choose from. This will happen by default after you join that server (ie if you don't select All tracks and cars, you'll only have the content from that server to choose from.

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  5. Danny O'Neill

Danny O'Neill Registered

Brilliant, thanks again :)

6. Owen Pyrah

Owen Pyrah Registered

You can join the online practice for LFM here:
    upload_2023-2-5_19-23-8.png

To do it just locally you just need to select All tracks and cars, select Croft, then select your car. Which should be under a BTCC grouping rather than by manufacturer.

7. Danny O'Neill

Danny O'Neill Registered

Thanks Owen, I'll give it a try but I'm probably woefully off the pace :p

8. Owen Pyrah

Owen Pyrah Registered

Yeah me too. From the 21st Feb they are changing it so you can join races owning only one car. I bought the Astra and all the British Tracks in preparation. I think I'm miles off the pace too. But I figure I've watched BTCC and there's often a car or two miles behind the rest of the pack. So if nothing else, I'll be there adding immersion for everyone else

9. Danny O'Neill

Danny O'Neill Registered

10. Danny O'Neill

Danny O'Neill Registered

@Owen Pyrah I have a couple of questions well three lol, if you could help me with them please
    1, The touring car championship is now at Zandvoort, does this change ever week?
    2, My safety rating (SR) is at 2.5 and I need 4.0 to be able to race in that race, how do I get it to increase?
    3, I race in VR and the ling (Join practice server) doesn't seem to work for me?
    Thanks in advance :p