Multiplayer only allowing 6 drivers

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by stu3284, Feb 1, 2023.

1. stu3284

stu3284 Registered

I've ran a server for months now and tonight after practice and qualifying, when it came to the race it would only let the first 6 enter the race and said unavailable for the rest. It seemed to be the first 6 that pressed drive. the rest couldn't get on the grid. Tried a different track and a different car track and the same thing happened. Any ideas?
    The only thing different was i set the race number to 3 for 3 - 15 min sprint races. done 2 races many times previously.

2. Lars

Lars Registered

Hi, what is your player limit when you configure the server?

upload_2023-2-1_23-38-2.png

3. stu3284

stu3284 Registered

Set for 30.
    Never had this happen. Hopefulyy have enough after AC tomorrow night to test again. It let us practice and qualify, was just the race

4. stu3284

stu3284 Registered

Further to this, after some testing. I found the issue to be setting "MULTI Num Race Sessions":3, in the player.json If its on 2 then its fine and will run one race after the other. If set to 3 then only the first 6 can enter the grid in a race and the rest go straight away to DNF. Practice and Quali are fine. I posted this in the Discord and the only suggestion that came back was to run single races and admin next session which defeats the purpose of a multiple sprint eveent. Why would it work with 2 and not 3?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  5. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Have you tried not using the GUI and starting it with the +oneclick option ?
    Before that, set max players in UserData/player/...YourMod....ini ...
    I always run only once the GUI to check some parameters but never use it to actually launch the server (which will run "as a service").
    Maybe it will work with the +oneclick ...

6. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

You will stil need an admin connexion to set grids on race 2 and 3 or it will run 3 identical races based on quali, i suppose ...
    Or maybe results of race 1 sets grid for race 2 ? And so on ?

7. stu3284

stu3284 Registered

We've never had a problem before with 1 or 2 races (setting Race Seesions to 2 in json file) I read somewhere that 4 races are allowed but when we tried 3 we got the problem. It does the same with 2 players in a race and also extra AI.. I usually set players to 30 in the server gui.
    On the discord it was suggested just use the gui to restart race for how many races you need but the fact it was working with 2 and won't with 3 baffles me. Plus its better when it automatically rolls over to next session.