New UI - garage setup notes not saving

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Morbo66, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Morbo66

Morbo66 Registered

Looks like there is some sort of limit to amount of text lines you can save in notes section of setup page.

Note the additional lines i entered (8, 9, 10 11, 12 etc)
    setup not saving notes 1.JPG

After hitting save, main setup summary page does not display those additional lines of text from notes section.
    setup not saving notes 2.JPG

You can see the black scroll bar is at the limit/bottom. I just lost all my text. Has happened multiple times now. Also seems not to like special characters like "/". Seems to throw it off and it just cuts off all the text i've written after special characters, which makes this notes section useless, because i can't trust it will save the text i've entered.

2. Morbo

Morbo Registered

@Coutie

I know this is not like game breaking, but one of those small little quality of life things. This was one of the very first reported issues way back when new ui was launched. It's highly annoying. You can't use the notes section right now for ACTUAL setup note taking. the char limit is way too short compared to old ui.

3. redapg

redapg Registered

If you use / in your Text, try \/ (Backslash+Slash) instead, that probably will work.