Screen freeze

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Fabrizio Ninci, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Fabrizio Ninci

Fabrizio Ninci Registered

Hi there,
    I have an issue only in multiplayer, on Nurburgring 24h and Porsche 911 gt3 R always in the same point of the track I have screen freeze and the game continue to run in background, I can ear the sound and feel the force feedback. My system is a ryzen 5 3600 on an msi x570 gaming plus motherboard and xt 6900 xt videocard and windows 11 OS. I don't have issue in single player with 27 AI also, I can play for hours without any problem. Haw can I solve this issue? Thanks
    Next week I must partecipate to an event of a championship.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

AMD users with 6700XTs have had the same situation, but yours is the first time I've heard of the 6900XT also suffering. The problem are the drivers from AMD. The last reliable driver was 22.5.1. Recently some users have said the newest AMD driver might work, but I would suggest turning off all the AMD specific options.
    Since you do have an upcoming race, I would forego trying to test the new drivers and revert back to v22.5.1. Use DDU & safemode to completely clean your system of your current drivers.

3. Fabrizio Ninci

Thank you for reply, I have the latest drivers and all specific options disabled, I'll try to revert to oldest drivers and try again, for this race I'm removing dust from my old pc and prepare it, an Intel 4770k with a Nvidia 1080ti and Oculus rift s instead reverb g2

4. Fabrizio Ninci

Solved, thank you davehenrie, with 22.5.1 driver seems al is ok

davehenrie likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Good news!
    This is a work around at best, AMD & S397 have got to understand what is causing the problem. I have read they are making progress, but until I see concrete results, v22.5.1 stays on my system.

6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

nvidia seems having same problem
    i have amd 5600x cpu and Nvidia 2060 super gpu
    my game freezes some times

7. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

There are new Nvidia drivers version 528.24, try these may help. I'm using these drivers with a 3080 and there is a definite improvement in performance with these drivers. It's the biggest improvement I have ever seen when updating drivers. Hope it helps.

8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

thanks i ll try and always using DDU at safe mode with full clean install