Released BMW M2 CS Racing released!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Marcel Offermans, Dec 5, 2019.

1. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I have the M2 vibration under braking too, using the SimuCUBE2 Pro. I tend to avoid using this car due to this issue. I thought it might be linked to the "Brake Feel" setting in the player controller json but, not sure if that was ever confirmed or ruled out. Might be worth testing(?)

mister dog likes this.
  2. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

I gave this a try in both my SimSteering V2 and SC2 Pro and didn't experience this issue. FFB smoothing in game set to 1. Maybe worth giving this another try for those experiencing the issues, and try validating steam files, or even deleting the car then redownloading it again as not being able to reproduce on 2 bases here suggests it could, possibly, be a local issue rather than a car specific one?

As a fun aside, I kinda never really did much with this car before, but this test reminded me of how good it actually is - lots of fun for sure

Bernat, RaceNut, Comante and 2 others like this.
  3. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I haven’t driven this car for at least two years or due to this terrible vibration under braking. First noticed it on T300 and already it felt way too strong. On SC2 it was unbearable, no car had such bad vibrations. Will try soon with different in game smoothing and report back.

4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Good suggestions, thanks Paul! :)

5. Havner

Havner Registered

Accelerate the car to 5-6th gear and smash the brakes. You will feel vibrations in the wheel. They might be light, they might not bother you, you might not consider them an issue. You can mitigate them with some settings. But they are there while they are not on other cars in rF2. It's not a matter of validating any files.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

Maybe it's the other cars that are "wrong" have you ever tried to stomp the brakes at high speed in a street car? Not at all a pleasing situation. Do you expect to not have a feedback just because the wheel is straight? This car is pretty stiff, I consider how it behave when you exceed braking quite reasonable, and I agree it was not like that, probably something changed, since the car first got out, it was more pronounced and happened earlier in the braking.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Street version apparently has ABS brakes, what about these two?

8. Havner

Havner Registered

It's not a street car. You do stomp brakes in a racing car. Especially one with racing ABS. If every other car were wrong someone would notice. All of this sounds like excuses.

9. Comante

Comante Registered

Abs is not voodoo magic and depending how it's programmed or how it's built, you could still lock tires, especially if you over brake of a great margin the tire grip.
    Do you really think you could stomp your feet on the brake and get away with it with most effective braking ? Without locks?
    I don't think so.

10. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I bought this car in the last sale and it's fantastic. Drives beautifully and the slight vibration of the steering wheel when the ABS kicks in is very reallistic and helps to learn the car limits. My street car with ABS does the same.

The M2 CS is a street car, isn't it? Or am I missing something?

The ABS in a race car doesn't mean smashing the brakes is the best strategy. There are still weight transfers and all that, you know? Trail braking is still a thing.

You can keep complaining and make yourself angry, I'm having fun with it. Some people can't enjoy what they have. Always dreaming of missing and broken things when most of the time they aren't.

atomed likes this.
  11. Havner

Havner Registered

The thing is you get those vibrations without locking the wheels (unless this car has enormous brakes and starts locking on 50% braking force, mind you braking force, not brake application, anyway, maybe someone should check telemetry if that is really connected to ABS application).
    True, they are are less pronounced than they were when the car released. Don't know when it changed as I didn't driver the car much after release. But they are still there, when they are not on any other car. Have fun with it, be defensive, do whatever you like. I just commented on Paul's post where he was saying he doesn't have this issue, when the issue is still there (less than it was before, but it's still there).

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  12. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

@Havner If you are talking abot FFB vibrations on braking then i might have a solution.
    Way back i disabled ABS via upgrade.ini modification for M2.
    Takes small bit of work but this will probably remove ffb vibration.
    I think IRL u can disable or remove ABS too, so it is NOT unrealistic either.

As for if FFB should vibrate or not, i don't know the correct answer....maybe IRL car does it too or maybe not.

mister dog and Havner like this.
  13. Havner

Havner Registered

Thanks. I know how to mod DLC cars. I'm not planning on removing ABS in general, but I might do that just to check (for my own curiosity) whether it is really ABS that causes those vibrations or not. In any case I don't really mind them that much now.
    Again, I was just answering to Paul who said he doesn't have that issue (which I read that he doesn't have vibrations) where they are actually there (and not on other cars). Confirmed by several people. Even by Bernat above.

14. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I can't reproduce your issue either because I don't see any anomaly in this car. The vibration is very slight, only if you brake too much and it's informative rather than annoying. Don't try to put everyone else in your bandwagon. You may want to disable FFB to remove all those annoying forces rotating the wheel, you'll steer much easier.

15. Simulation_Player

Thats good that u know how to do it.
    Worth a shot , even if it may not work.
    It was long time ago so i could be misremembering it or it will not work on current version of car.

Havner likes this.
  16. Havner

Havner Registered

Dude, you really need to stop projecting your emotions on other people.

mister dog likes this.
  17. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Only you can project your emotions? I think this forum is open to everyone. If you don't like what I say don't quote me or answer my posts. It's that easy.

pkelly likes this.
  18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

In the Controller.Json are some lines directing where the ABS forces should be sent and how strong. Perhaps editing these lines might tame the vibration.
    "Force Feedback":{
    "Brake effects on steer axis":0,
    "Brake effects on steer axis#":"0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.",
    "Brake effects strength":10000,
    "Brake effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all brake effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",

19. Havner

Havner Registered

I did test the mod. If you disable ABS the vibrations are gone.
    In general I presume the whole situation got better when new ABS/TC options got released.
    https://docs.studio-397.com/develop...w-traction-control-and-anti-lock-brake-system
    "In updated 2022-2, a new TC and ABS system was introduced, this allows you to control the TC system slip and power cut, and changes the way ABS works."

In any case if someone still finds those vibrations too obtrusive you can mod the car to disable ABS completely and use ABS aid. You still get some form of ABS (although probably a little bit different implementation) with no vibrations whatsoever.

20. Simulation_Player

there we go, nice that it still works. btw i wouldn't recommend using in-game aids. they are unrealistic, they more like "cheat" than realistic implementation of assist. i think these in-game assist made for keyboard and controller player, real ABS and TC is far more flawed and imperfect than those in-game assist.
    so imho if u want car that is closest to real car either deal with ABS vibrations or remove it via mod. just a suggestion