AI Pitting too early; AI stops racing;

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by richirichi, Jan 22, 2023.

1. richirichi

richirichi Registered

Recently, a new AI problem has appeared. Started a 30 mins race with GT3; Track Spa/RA; field 27 AI; Fuel Comsumption x2; Tyres x2; Practice 20mins; Quali 20mins; difficulty 106%; aggression 55%; AI limiter 5.

All goes well for 1 lap, then some of the leading AI cars just stop at the side of the track; or even worse go straight into the pits, after 1 lap. Some come back out, some don’t. This seems to have gotten worse; I’ve stopped racing RF2 because of it, kills the immersion. Any ideas would be really appreciated! I haven’t touched the json files, & am kind of lost at the moment.I’ll give the RC a go, see how that is, thanks all

2. atomed

atomed Member

Try making it a 60min practice and accelerate time to let the.AI sort stuff out, it could help.

3. richirichi

richirichi Registered

Ok, I’ll try that out, thanks

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

another possible method that may help, change from laps to time. You can figure out how many laps you expect to complete and how much time that takes per lap. Then you can just multiply it out to reach a time that is close to your lap count.

atomed likes this.
  5. SecondSplit

SecondSplit Registered

Hopefully the above suggestions help, but if not it sounds like a typical pit waypoint error. Is this with the official or unofficial Spa?

6. richirichi

richirichi Registered

It’s with the official version. I’m only using official tracks/cars to test it; but I am using third party skin mods from RD

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

AI are broken since years?

8. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

I noticed recently that while watching live timing during Oreca qualification (4 laps for qualifying in a 1 hour session after a 1 hour practice) that only the top 20 cars had any times listed (LeMans and Spa). I run 28 cars; the final eight cars showed 2/4 laps run but no times for anything.

9. richirichi

richirichi Registered

Something I’ve noticed too; what those AI are doing is an outlap, & immediately pitting again without setting a time. It’s been a problem for a while.

10. Drogo

Drogo Registered

100% This!!
    I've been trying for weeks to get qualifying working in this sim, and haven't been able to find an answer, It doesn't matter if it's official content or not (LMP, GT3, GTE, F1 22, etc) it's always the same, the AI do one timed lap then pit and that's it for the session, if they do leave the pits again it's an out lap then pit or an out lap then escape to the pits from the track. I've run 60 and 90 minute practice sessions, straight half hour quali sessions, also F1 knockout quali amongst others (If a dev reads this would it be possible to have the settings in the UI to change the quali format instead of having to keep going into JSON files to change to F1, DTM, Super pole, etc quali sessions.) The outcome is always the same, even when it's getting near the end of the session cars leave the pits and would either return straight back or the cars that haven't set a lap would start a flying lap but if the session hits zero while there on that flying lap they just return back to the pits instead of finishing the lap. I've tried setting the race to both timed and laps to see if that made a difference but still the same, now I find myself using AMS2 more and more because I can actually get an offline race experience without too much trouble especially now they've implemented the one click to set any race series rules you require.

11. atomed

atomed Member

I couldn´t reproduce your issue neither on RC nor Stable version @Booth_doberman , do you notice anything different in the settings I used? Practice and quali were set as you said.
    upload_2023-1-23_11-59-21.png

12. Booth_doberman

My settings look identical. I suspect that the cars that do not show a time and have listed as 2/4 laps done are doing what was also reported--the ai does the outlap and then pits on lap 2 and never goes back out. Just for completeness, I'm doing the time acceleration during practice and qualifying so I'm not ending either of those early. One thing I have that could be considered "different" is that the cars I use have had the .veh files edited to use my own set of driver names, which results in a "new" rfcmp car_update.mas. Another thing is that I use the Assign button to force the AI to use the LeMans packages for aero and gears.

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Often AI issues occur when the Player.json file gets corrupted. Try renaming Player.json and let rF2 generate a fresh file.

14. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

15. atomed

atomed Member

I´m not sure this is the same problem, as I did 4 different sessions and all did the qualifying correctly.

@Booth_doberman It may be the *.veh modification you did the cause, maybe you can see which cars have the issue and check if they correspond to the ones in the modified set. Then you could compare both default and modified and check if there is any difference.

16. Booth_doberman

I created a new rfcmd with the new set of drivers. All of the cars have had their .veh file changed they are all "new." I have not checked if they are always the same drivers, however, each time. This will require more testing and data collection.

atomed likes this.
  17. Goaqi

Goaqi Registered

I have this same problem.

It happens to me with official content in Daytona.

18. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

For clarity the opening posters issue is related to fast rolling starts and restarting the race before cars complete a lap.

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

RESTARTING? Heavens.... lol! (that option should be disabled...)