Nordschleife crashing on same spot, every time.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kelju_K, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Remco's video of the spot and crash:

[​IMG]

This started to happen after the latest update to nurburing (v2.43)
    Every time the same exact spot.
    Now this doesnt seem to happen with the old amd driver 22.5.1, but i still would put this on the trackupdate (at least partly) and not the (newer) drivers.
    As the newer drivers work well with other tracks (and are much faster than the old), and this started to happen after the track update. Sucks if we (amd gpu users) have to keep really dated drivers just to drive nords...

I'd like to add that, the track doesn't seem to create cbash or shaders like other older tracks do. dunno if that is by design or should they be created...?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  2. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Just tested my old back up of nurb/nords
    v2.21
    It does nt crash in that spot of the track. (nor elsewhere..)
    Something is definately borked with the latest version.
    IF anyone has the 2.37 rfcmp still somewhere, i'd like very much to try it out and see if it has the problem like the latest one has.
    Im in process of getting as much info for the driver team, so this gets sorted on amd side. BUT this seems to be more on S397 than AMD tbh.

3. Bernat

Bernat Registered

It certainly looks like an AMD driver issue. Have you reported it to AMD? Since it's a regression in their drivers they might be faster than usual fixing it.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

I don't have the rfcmp anymore, but i have the 2.36 Content and my 2.37 update with the instant Timing, that uses the original 2.37 Files, just edited with my Updates.
    I could upload it as a zip File, that you can simply extract it into your
    ..\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\Nurburgring_2018 Folder.

5. ennimann

ennimann Registered

6. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

I noticed when I turn on Morphological anti-aliasing I also face crash in Nordshleiffe, but in multiplayer only. Switching it off settled the issue.
    However my crash looks a bit different: my picture freezed, but the game was alive (reacts to inputs etc.). I could turn it off by alt+F4.
    My Specs: ryzen 9 5950x, 6900xt, 16GB Pimax 8k x, Adrenalin 22.11.2.

7. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

I did some driver testing on weekend. i found that 22.10.2 doesn't crash in nords. on top of the 22.5.1 ofcourse.
    i tested a lot of drivers, both public and closed betas.
    I reported all my findings to the driver team. they have a clue what is causing this, and it is wip to get it sorted.
    we just have to wait for it to get fixed.

This "ticket" can be closed here, as it is not track issue but a driver issue.