Studio 397 Improved Online. LFM cannot be better than your own online.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ruben Cerlem, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Hello. I would like to know if rfactor 2 from Studio 397 and Motorsport Games, are going to work on their own online, and that it is not LFM who takes the lead in a title. If rfactor 2 made its own quality online, it would have more acceptance in the community, since many of us want to run, but not through an external launcher, but rather enter rfactor 2 and see that there are always races. In other words, having both paid and free content, and that most of it is not used online, is to think that we have paid for nothing. I hope that the community supports and forces as soon as possible to improve online, both to simplify creating a room on a server, and to join and know that there are always people competing, either in a friendly way, or by ranking, as as they have other competing titles in their own simulator. If Studio 397 wants pilots from other simulators to come, it is necessary that they work from now on a quality online and with participants, without having to compete through LFM. Thanks.

oikworld and Vale99 like this.
  2. JamesB

JamesB Registered

I am not sure that many will agree with you. After having used LFM, it seems to work well and provides the features that people want, so why would S397 plough a load of resource into creating what would in effect be a duplicate system that may still not attract users when LFM is already doing it rather well? Looking at what LFM has done for ACC I can't see why it should not have a similar positive effect for RF2.

trichens likes this.
  3. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

The main titles of the competition, have their online system, whether or not the payment service, such as iRacing. But you have to look at the idea of ACC or AMS2 (which hasn't worked because it didn't give it enough visibility), being ACC the main example because it has LFM as an option, since there are always people running within the title itself. That is why rf2 needs to have an online that attracts people to run, and that LFM is that, one more option of the many that exist in different communities. There are many people who have all the content of paid dlcs, and we feel abandoned, for not having attractive events, and in LFM they are not seen either, because they only use approximately 5% of all the official content for their careers, either from paid as free. That is, you have a BTCC license, and they hardly even move it. FE license, and the same, among a lot of other content. I do not include the mods, because it is not official content within studio397. For this reason, it is necessary that they improve the online, although LFM has a platform, if tomorrow they start to make it pay, LFM is going to lower its participation a lot, and this option is very likely to happen. Therefore, rf2 and studio 397 have to take care of those of us who have invested a lot of time and money in rf2, and not think that it is perfect. You always have to be demanding, and not let them settle. Because there are people who now run in rf2, when in many cases they were criticized for the online, and instead of demanding their own online and quality system, now that LFM is out, we are satisfied. That can not be. Instead of releasing so much content, they should take advantage of that money to fix the online but without hesitation. If I pay, I demand. If I pay and settle, then I'm an idiot.

Vale99 likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There's a CS update expected early next year, I believe.

oikworld and ebeninca like this.
  5. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I guess you won't like the idea but I think they should have a paid online system where you could race without owning all the content. I think that would help fund the CS and make some users happy because they wouldn't have to buy every car and track.

trichens and Vale99 like this.
  6. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

That isn't a bad idea, since it would not be necessary to buy all the cars to run in a category. If you want only the Ferrari GT3, then you don't have to pay for all the GT3s. Anyway, the key is to make the most of online, and since there is a lot of official content and with special collaborations like the Alpine Cup and GT4, it is necessary that people are encouraged to buy certain content to race, and Don't buy to see what's left behind. If you pay for content, it's so you can compete online and have fun offline. From karting, for example, despite lowering the complete pack for the first time in November, it is a content that has been forgotten. So paying €20 or €40 (official price), is absurd even if it is of great quality. I just hope they get down to business, and get people motivated to compete from the rf2 software itself. For example, I don't want to run in LFM, and why do I have to be forced to run from there, if I want to compete in a license system?

Vale99 likes this.
  7. Anthony Lineberry

Anthony Lineberry Registered

Honestly once LFM appeared on the scene for rF2 I stopped caring about the official CS system. Cool if they get it implemented better, but not a big deal to me if they don't.

jonathon.bisset likes this.
  8. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Today, December 26, 2022, I want to explain why I reiterate to demand a quality online from rf2. The first thing is that on this date, and during the next week, LFM is not going to organize unranked events for rf2 and for ACC. That means, that right now the rf2 online is dead. Second, you have to understand the supply and demand of today, and today people want to play online. Right now in rf2 he can't even do that, even if it's temporary. Third, you can't say anything to LFM, because in addition to being a free service with the possibility of donating, they are the ones who manage the servers however they want. Fourth, to whom one must obviously complain is MotorsportsGames and Studio 397, for not offering a service that meets all the competition, that even if it is better or worse, at least they have a system. Fifth, today rf2 is very expensive based on the titles of the competition (except iRacing, which is the most expensive), and that is why if you do not demand quality content from the company at competitive prices, you really are a mediocre client That is to say, a lot of money is paid, for content which is only 30-40% usable and thanks to the communities, because for rf2 their policy is that you pay and enjoy the title and its dlcs offline, since they do not have an online What motivates you to buy it to run. Well, sorry, but if that's your policy, it's very poor. If on top of that people say that it is not necessary for rf2 to invest in online because LFM exists, well, sorry for saying so, but you are allowing the company to laugh at you. Christmas... days where there are people who could run because they are on vacation, and that is what they like the most, it is null and void to do it online, because there is no way. Bravo rf2, for taking care of your customers like this. With this policy it will always be a third division title, and if you want to avoid it, you have to start demanding it now. Happy 2023

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
    Gio Nuvoli likes this.
  9. Supa

Supa Registered

CS is still working while LFM is down. What are you moaning about? And anything more than a short paragraph and my eyes start to glaze over!! Make your moaning shorter!

10. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

First thing... how many hours have you been in rf2? If I tell you the truth, you are the conformist client profile, who does not demand anything despite being looted. You have no idea what you stand for. That is, you pay for dlcs, many that are not even used if you had all the content, and you don't care if they are dead. You are satisfied that LFM works as it works, and that CS works with painful events and a few days. I'm not wasting any more time with you. The day you know how to analyze companies and supply/demand, write to me. If you text me to say nonsense, better save it.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Ruben Cerlem you started this thread with a simple question, and I already gave you the answer. Yes, they're working on it. Expect something early next year.

There's no scheduled release date or announcement, because they finally learnt that setting deadlines they then miss only annoys people even more than doing nothing at all.

This is rF2, so things don't move quickly, and I can assure you we've all tried complaining constantly about things. It doesn't help. They have their priorities, it's their business, and they'll do what suits them. There have been indications of a positive nature regarding the CS, so let's wait and see how it goes. In the meantime people will continue to use whatever they can to fill in the blank - as they've been doing since 2012. That doesn't mean they don't want change and improvements.

trichens likes this.
  12. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Absolutely ridiculous, but don't worry...LFM is there so that rf2 has the online that rf2 users need. Let's see if MotorsportGames and Studio 397 learn at once!!!

Anto870 likes this.
  13. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Just to add to this non-sense, what do you have against LFM? Why can't they be very good at what they do?

14. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

You obviously have cognitive problems. I am not going to waste any more time answering you.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Clearing up a mis-understanding in an INTERNATIONAL forum is not a waste of time. In the time you took to blow him off, you could have also clarified your position. If you want to make a point, be prepared to help others to see your reasons, or, your comparisons.

trichens, TJones and pkelly like this.
  16. EricW

EricW Registered

Nothing wrong with LFM.
    But if I had anything to say in decision making, I'd make sure the CS would be the only framework where you can participate without owning all cars.

trichens likes this.
  17. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Is this Max Verstappen’s burner account?