Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Havner

Havner Registered

Sure, I just refuse to do a BOP in this case as I don't really feel qualified to do so. I feel like this should be done on S397 side. I fix too much stuff that S397 can't do properly already.

You also said that only me reported this issues so I asked you to test it yourself and tell us your findings. Whatever the results we'd have one more data point. You didn't even comment on that.

2. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

I will post my finding when i get chance to play rf2 for sure, i haven't touched rf2 in almost a month, just a regular on forums to see whats going on, because i love rf2.

3. Havner

Havner Registered

Sure, please do.

4. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

What track(s) the AI out brakes you?
    Setup has good grip available for braking imo, it just needs to be dug out.
    If you tell me what track speciffically you have this problem, i could try to make a good (braking) setup for you.
    The grip for braking requires bit more lively setup tough, that is not necessarily very easy to drive. As always, setup is a compomise.

5. Havner

Havner Registered

Monza, the straight before the first chicane. The difference was so unbelievably huge I didn't try to race this car anywhere else.

6. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

I have to say more i drive this car, more in love with it i am.

Im still getting used to the gearbox protection, and blib the throttle by instinct often and get miss shifts because of it.
    But thats on me, not the car.
    Generally have zero complaints. well, the (vr) performance is kinda sucky, but that has nothing to do with how the car drives.

I have seen complaints on this and that, but honestly i dont find those issues being issues.

Someone said the tires allow too much sliding, but where is the limit where rotation becomes sliding? I find that it allows believable amount of rotation, while still keeping the tire wear normal.
    And when you go over that treshold, (sliding?) the tires are gonna go very quicly. They get very hot fast and cool down slowly so if you get away from sliding on one corner (sometimes worth it), you gotta take the next one more easily or problems start to cumulate.
    I love that the car forces me to think how i drive it, while i drive it.
    I been driving more on the last month than the last few together. Because this car is such a joy (me being a bit of an Porsche fanatic might have something to do with it aswell :D )

7. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Dang it. i dont have monza. I try to test with another track with long straight and compare the braking to AI.
    will report back.

Havner likes this.
  8. vava74

vava74 Registered

The AI in the 992 is poorly calibrated. Generally, they are much slower than the average DLC car.
    Annoying, but not the end of the world as I assume that some changes will come at some point.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You are right sir, I think all cars should be balanced to my 94.5% ability. That way we all have a level playing field. Just as I answered above about hardware. ALL drivers are different. My level of skill will never equal others. And just to jump to the next question...track by track AI levels have been argued about all the way back to Microsoft Grand Prix/Papyrus Indycar Racing etc. The best we can hope for is being able to adjust levels at the track so that we can customize our level of skill into a competitive event.

10. Havner

Havner Registered

You're completely mixing terminology. Person's ability in general is set with AI strength. Braking distance is an objective car characteristic. Yes, without ABS it will vary a little from driver to driver but not by as much as it is now.

davehenrie likes this.
  11. Simonk

Simonk Registered

I finally got a chance to drive this thing yesterday and it's a lot of fun and looks stunning but I have to agree with the comments about the AI calibration being off. Their brake power is too high and cornering speed is too slow. I tried some mod tracks first but then tried Nurburgring GP and had the same issue. I played around with AI strength and got it to 105% at N-GP which roughly matched my lap times. This resulted in them being too slow in the corners and too fast on the straight. The end result is a lot of rear ending them mid corner because you can't judge their speed properly. 100% roughly matched my straight line speed but then they're way too slow in the corners.

12. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Would the fact that AI run simplified physics as opposed to what we humans use account for the difference in braking distance?

Kelju_K likes this.
  13. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

If AI strength is all you are changing I find that doesn't work, you need to also adjust AI aggression and AI limiter.

Have you tried the presets in GAMEPLAY ?
    You will notice different presets have different values for those 3.

100% strength is "Advanced driver" has elevated aggression ( 40%) and limiter (20%) over default.
    Even higher aggression then what each preset recommends can be benefit as I find it makes AI more decisive.

The other huge consideration is car and track combo varies wildly as does things like dynamic FFB behavior. Every single combo needs to be tweaked.

BTW Only use the presets as a guide to changing those 3 values.
    Something I find of benefit even in sprint races is to force higher fuel loads.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  14. Havner

Havner Registered

No, because it can be tweaked by the car author to behave properly as can be seen on most other cars where the problem doesn't exist.

If there wasn't a way to mitigate physics differences why would we even have AI to race with when the performance of their car (same car as player) would be that much different?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Indeed, IIRC the AI have their own brake torque, and obviously use their own tyres.

Kelju_K likes this.
  16. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

I had the fanatec V3 before too try pedal force in rF2 around 78% to reduce the wheel blocking. Same on the INDYCAR ... low pedal force helps often to drive better without wheelblock or you can regulate the brakes.
    I use now the Asetek Invicta pedals and I can very good dose the brake force and point on the GTE cars while I use 100% brake force in rF2.
    I think for you it's better to go down a little with the brake force here

17. Alexandre Bauer

Alexandre Bauer Registered

Guys, at the beginning I also found brake distance for AI very short, but I realized too much front wheel locking, so putting brake balance 52/48 gave me a much more efficient brake distance, in the rain it has to be 48/52, I think it is very normal for this car. In general, I put AI to 105 and start from 10th to win a race within 10 minutes, most tracks it works fine since I can do 1 second fast, but what bothers me is the very consistent lap time AI has, not making any subtle mistakes or having tire wear whatsoever.

PirroC and Kelju_K like this.
  18. Comante

Comante Registered

Far from being fast myself I always struggled with consistency.. until I slapped together a load cell mod for my G27 brake pedal. Now I'm a overall better driver, and can lap with surprising regularity, obviously not at my 100%, otherwise I would be a fast driver :D
    All that said, you could work on your consistency lowering a little your AI strenght and try to keep your position instead of win because you are 1 second faster.
    Ai make mistakes, is just that 10 minutes races maybe are short to appreciate the variability.

Kelju_K likes this.
  19. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

I have replaced the spring on my G27 brake for these soft rubber pads, that are kinda foamy material.
    (that was handed to our workplace, to put under computer case legs, when they did bedrock explosions next to the building, to kill the vibrations that came from the blasts).
    It's not load cell, but with very aggressive curve on the pedal input (ingame), i can now brake with muscle memory, (rather than foot position memory).
    It's propably nothing even close to a real load cell, but already made a huge difference.
    And made me faster no doubt.

pkelly likes this.
  20. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

i think the AI uses abs? not sure tough. but they dont seem to lock up...

PirroC likes this.