Released GTE and Oreca 07 New Tyre Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 5, 2022.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The 140kpa came about as an answer to everyone setting the tire pressures as low as possible, often around 120kpa, and getting good grip without any real overheating. Now that ambient temperatures and soon brake temperatures will both affect the tire temperatures, we may have to see most of the S397 cars get the tires completely reworked.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Again it seems very little of what you're saying relates to anything I just talked about (except literally the first sentence). I'm just posting this time so you don't think I don't have an answer.

If you're getting excessive wear start a thread detailing the car and track, laptimes, and amount of wear. People can help you work out if it's you or not.

Stick to that, rather than theorising. You're still locked into "This wear isn't right". Start there.

3. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

@Lazza

I understand that you want to say that I don't know how to drive and that should change driving style. because the rf2 doesn't know how to make tires wear less. sorry, they know, but they don't want to.
    but I don't want to change my driving style which works very well in any other simulation. after all, I don't have such big problems with the 992. 992 is only thing currently the best in rf2.

but here colleague davehenrie gave us the answer of 140kpa which is locked as the lowest value.
    that explains what s397 did to make it easier for himself, because if people put it at around 120kpa and had a lot of grip, it means that they wanted to spoil the setup and cars would be more interesting about the strategy. and instead of receiving fixes and upgrading the entire tire physics in rf2, they focus on DLC packs and how to sell them. yes, that is also necessary, but it is more important to put game on a healthy footing first.

I waited years and years for rf2 to work, and last year it woke up a bit. but still something is constantly expected from them.
    let's wait for rf3, so that this rf2 experiment is more extinguished.

4. Comante

Comante Registered

The minimum tire pressure of 140 Kpa is restricted by official regulations.

atomed likes this.
  5. Emery

Emery Registered

LOL... just because it's not called rF3 doesn't mean it isn't rF3.

Since you joined in 2015, rF2 has a completely different graphics engine, completely different UI engine, added a competition system, revised the sound system, doubled or tripled the official content, added about a dozen functions to support new features, tweaked the tire engine a few times, and have recently begun overhauling the AI.

Or are you really choosing to ignore 7 years of rF2 evolution merely because you decided you dislike the tire implementation for the 992?

Bernat and pkelly like this.
  6. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

feel free to all of you brotherly contact me on pm

7. instinkt

instinkt Registered

so these gte sound issues will be fixed or nah?

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Understanding that this thread is supposedly about tires.....WHAT sound issues? The GTE & GT3 cars have all been upgraded to use the new sound engine, so they will sound DIFFERENT. But is there some problem you are experiencing?

9. instinkt

instinkt Registered

man we literally talked about it few months ago in this thread which is also about sound update so I'm not gonna repeat myself
    and problem still isn't fixed, these few months ago Devin said it will be fixed but nothing happened with this content since then

and yes I know that they were busy with GT3 which btw works well on that new sound engine unlike these 2 out of 5 GTE cars

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

sounds like you have content outdated due to having a mod installed from a race or championship linked, If so, unsubscribe or uninstall it because I don't even have sound problems with the GTE

11. instinkt

instinkt Registered

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
    davehenrie likes this.
  12. chisco85

chisco85 Registered

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not sure I understand what you're asking here.

Devin said there he identified some relatively minor issues that would likely be fixed in a future update. I don't recall if the GTE have had any updates since then, in which case instinkt is really answering his own question.

@instinkt If you linked to that post in the first place, it would be clearer for everyone.

16. instinkt

instinkt Registered

I didn't answered my own question because the question was is it still on their radar to fix it or they don't quite care about it or they just have forgotten since 3 months passed and nothing happened and it doesn't look like hard fix to do since looks like cause was found and other cars on new engine works fine
    also this class will probably move to be "semi-retired" since it's almost retired irl and also many rF2 leagues moving towards GT3 after update and it would be shame if so good cars would be abandoned with this kind of bug like some other older dlc cars that have other issues that also wasn't fixed

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Wow, sorry, I actually misread your question. I thought you asked if they were fixed. So, well, based on what Devin said I'd say yes, but as with the GT3s before them this stuff doesn't happen very quickly at all, obviously.

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I think that in the end it was me who got lost, it must be that I didn't quite understand what the comrade wanted to say, or rather I think I still don't understand it
    things about the language, I understood very badly
    sorry

Lazza likes this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm with you :D

20. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

request/reminder : please add reaming features to GTE cars, 2 are remaining(iirc)>>
    onboard traction LED
    tender springs