Crash with the new driver nVidia 528.02

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Zak84, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Zak84

Zak84 Registered

Hi to all. After the installation of the driver 528.02, the game freeze everytime I change any graphics settings such as resolution or details and click apply.
    Rollback to driver 527.56 solved the problem. Anyone else with the same problem?

2. ArturY

ArturY Registered

I also have the same problem

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Not for me, I updated it on Saturday, and did the 24 hour race with no issues(that I didn't have before I updated).
    @ArturY What GPU do you have?

4. Zak84

Zak84 Registered

Thanks Coutie. My pc specs are in signature. Anyway I have the problem only when I'm going to change some graphic settings. Otherwise if I just go to the race the game doesn't crash. Even if after some crash at a certain point it refused to start completely.
    Neither a complete reinstallation of the game and the driver solved the problem. The solution was to rollback to the previous version of the driver.

5. Herve_Versabeau

Herve_Versabeau Registered

Which parameter

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I CAN'T believe you would make system changes on the eve of a race, let alone a 24hr event... :)

7. Corti

Corti Registered

All ok here
    Nvidia 1660 Super

8. Lethal

Lethal Registered

use DDU

9. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I'm also using the latest drivers v528.02 without any problems. Always uninstall the old drivers through windows before installing new drivers, do not just over write with new drivers, this can cause problems. Also are you selecting your graphics card in Steam, very important. Good habit to get into before starting rF2.

10. Zak84

Zak84 Registered

I always uninstall the previous driver and procede with a clean install of the new ones.
    I never had problems until the 528.02 and as soon as I installed the previous version the problem disappear.
    Just to clarify, I only have problems when in the graphic settings change resolution or any other settings and than click Apply. When I click on apply the game freeze. But if I start the game and go on track everything is fine.

11. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Not every body is as careful as you about uninstalling first. rF2 use to have problems in the past about changing res in while in game, it use to happen to me. I always use the Steam graphics setting first to change res and then check in game. The only problem with this is you have to come out of the game first if want to change res. Using this method the new drivers work fine.