[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

And if its not working you should see on Records page lap times from before 2022-11-01 for some track. Do you see them? Make a screenshot maybe, how it looks. "Show records only after date" only works for Records page, on Results viewer page there will be no changes, all logs will be visible. I just want to make sure that we talking about same thing.

DanRZ likes this.
  2. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

That's it. Sorry, it works as intended ... I just thought it was also working on Results too :oops:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    Nibo likes this.
  3. Alek

Alek Registered

Hi,
    sorry but... I can't find the r2la_settings.json. I would update r2la without reconfiguring all, even if without competitions.
    Thanks

4. xeroborn

xeroborn Registered

I want to make a dashboard of my rf2 logs. I parsed one of the log xml's using pandas and got a dataframe with the 'Stream' data, just looking for someone to give me a brief explanation if possible of what these values correspond to and/or how to calculate lap times from the info in the log. Thank you!

upload_2023-1-4_19-30-35.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
    Paolo Pennimpede likes this.
  5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I reckon that it's showing, on outlap (Lap 0) at sector 1 time was 60.049, at sector 2 time was 98.712. The xml's show lap times without the need to do any calculations... depending on what you're after, look at retrieving the data between the <Driver></Driver> tags.
    upload_2023-1-5_14-55-30.png

Nibo likes this.
  6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Alek, r2la_settings.json should be in your "rF2 Log Analyzer ver.x" directory. It is created every time some changes are made on Options page or to Championships. If it is not created, maybe some error prevents this. Make some change (add new race to champ, for example) and look in cmd window if there is error appearing there. Copy error message here.
    Competitions are not saved automatically to r2la_settings.json, you need to go to Options page and press "Export hotlap competitions". Then import them in new r2la instance.

Corti likes this.
  7. Alek

Alek Registered

Thanks Nibo, only a thing... I forgot the password :D How I can recover it?

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Unfortunately you can't recover password. You only can start new instance of r2la from scratch and import r2la_settings there. If you have a lot of championships set up and can not get access to them, you can send your r2la folder to me (zip it) and I will try to create r2la_settings.json with your championships data and send it to you.

9. Alek

Alek Registered

I don't have championship started. I will install new version r2la from zero, I think is the quicker solution. Thanks for support.

Nibo likes this.
  10. I have a problem with my r2la installation - I tried to change password this afternoon, but it did not seem to work; I still can access options menu with my old credentials.

But if I open the r2la pages e.g. /live it is redirecting to default/entercode directly and asking for password (or code?). And this is not the case on all browsers ...

I entered the password but it is still asking.

I have checked if I have set something in options, but I cannot find anything changed ...

edit: solved it - on one browser I logged in and there was private mode checked ... I am sure I did not check it ... anyway ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2023
  11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There is an option "Private mode" and "New password" right after it. This password is related to "private mode", not for new password for Dedi admin. I see now that it is worded poorly. You probably checked "Private mode" checkbox and now all your r2la pages require password/code (that you entered in "New password" field). Uncheck "Private mode" on Options page to remove this code prompt. Press "Submit".
    If you still will be prompted for that code, you probably need to stop r2la, remove rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.1.012\web2py\applications\r2la\sessions folder and start r2la again.

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  12. I guessed that I checked it by accident or while entering the password - yes, I was assuming that it will not be the pw for private mode but for admin ...

Is there any way to change the admin pw? If not ...

I have seen the table auth_user in storage.sqlite ... would it be possible to do a installation somewhere else and export the table in order to import it and change the password that way?

I would update the field, but I am not sure how the pw is created ...

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There is no direct way to change admin password. I don't think its possible to do what you proposing with sqlite table, since admin password is not stored directly, but hashed.
    You can however just unzip and start new r2la instance, enter new admin password in first form, then copy your current r2la_settings.json with all your championships to new r2la folder, import it from Options page.
    If you have Dedi Competitions, you'll have to export them from options page in old r2la instance, copy exported r2la_competitions.json from old r2la folder to new one and import competitions from Options page.

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  14. I will check out your suggestion; I am more familiar with MariaDB, mySQL and such databases and there it is a possible solution if you know how the password is created (assuming you have a MD5 password you can create a new one in e.g. BaSH and update the field of the table with the hash you get).

It is not that urgent I will not loose that much data or work if I need to start from scratch - at least I should be able to change the username of admin by updating table row ;-)

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Password hash is created by web2py framework, with call to db.auth_user.password.validate(). I don't know much more. You can read more here - http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/09
    But I honestly think it will be much easier to just start new r2la instance.

16. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

I'm interested in this, can you share the python code you used to parse RF2 log?

17. xeroborn

xeroborn Registered

Sure, see attached. I did eventually get a csv that I loaded into tableau and was able to make a few visuals. It was cool BUT there were a ton of problems with parsing the logs. I did end up using the info in the driver tag as Goanna suggested to me above. Thx Goanna!

- The encoding was a mess. Some names had special characters that wouldn't read in. There were also some random extra characters at the end of some files that would cause errors. I believe i ended up using try/except to just filter out the logs that were throwing errors.
    - For me, I was only interested in sessions where I set a 'bestlaptime'.

I think for you to run the code just change the folder paths to your logs and change the name filter to your driver name.

My idea for the dashboard was to get the fastest lap time for each car class/track and compare my own times at that track/car combo and see them get closer together over time. I could also calculate the % difference between my time and the fastest lap and roll-up that % difference across all tracks/cars. From there, i could try different practice methods over a few weeks and see if anything is particularly impactful to help me get faster. My curiosity was mostly satisfied just by the simple visuals i put together though, never made it past that.

Attached Files:

Goanna likes this.
  18. If somebody is interested and for what reason ever ... I managed to verify r2la site with Search Console of Google by using html site verification.

Just put the google html file in applications/r2la/static and change routes.py in main directory of r2la:

routers = dict(
    BASE = dict(
    default_application='r2la',
    root_static = ['favicon.ico', 'robots.txt', 'google<code>.html' ],
    )
    )

OFC exchange <code> with the tag of the google html filename you get while adding a property to Google Search Console.

Hope this helps someone.

@Nibo would be nice to have the parameter based one, too, we were talking about but it has low priority

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  20. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

hello, a question, first of all thanks for this "program" to see so much info, tested and crazy.

but my question now is the following:

I have passed the servers to Linux 64 and IT DOESN'T WORK! any solution/help please! in linux 32 it seems that it works but not in 64, or another way to make it work? thanks for everything!