BTCC Kerb Rolling

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by danmarr14, Dec 22, 2022.

1. danmarr14

danmarr14 Registered

Morning,

I have noticed at Brands Hatch (at Druids), Donington Park (Coppice) and Thruxton (both chicanes), some of the cars get up onto two wheels and then tip and roll (similar to the recent LMP2 post in this forum), it seems to affect the RWD cars more than the FWD ones but the Hyundai has a similar bounce issue too. It is a shame as you would think these cars could cope with some of the kerbs and it ruins any racing when leaders drop back into the pack after being on their roof!

Chris Hill likes this.
  2. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

Yep I'm getting this happen too. Loaded a fresh user.json also.

Attached Files:

3. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Registered

Getting exactly the same. Donington Park at Coppice, Brands GP through Clearways, Thruxton at Church and Campbell/Cobb/Segrave complex. It happens mostly when 2 cars are side-by-side. The inside car has to mount the kerb more and gets launched up on 2 wheels before barrel rolling.

This has been an issue since the Toyota and Infinity were released.

I have found by reducing the AI difficulty level to anything under 100% usually solves it for me but the issue with that is the AI are then 2-3 seconds per lap slower than me at 99%

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I usually run at 95%, so lower than your threshold, I've seen BMW's lift but not roll in very similar situations. But for the most part, they behave fairly well at my level.

5. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

It's not just the BTCC cars that roll, I've been playing the 992 and they roll too.

6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Some cars may be more prone to rolling but it's more dependant on the track and AIW. IRL cars will roll too, it's the driver that has to avoid the dangers. The problem is that the AI follows predefined paths that may be problematic for some kind of cars on certain tracks with high kerbs in the inside of turns.

kro388th and Emery like this.
  7. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

There's a known issue where AI difficulty around 120% will cause this.

8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

i saw rolling cars also at 100%

9. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

I have tried setting the cars below 100%. Doing private practice and letting them train for 90mins and they still do it.

10. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

Corvette C7.R GTE doesn't flip over and rides the curbs nicely, even at Thruxton. Side note, the FFB is really good also, running Simucube Pro v2 at full with in game at 30%, bumps are natural and not jolty like others.

11. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I was going to create a thread about this myself but found one has already been created. So I will post some videos as evidence and maybe just for some laughs. As far as I can tell it happens when the Ai try to dive down the inside to overtake but take too much curb. But I don't think that is the actual issue as that can happen in real life. The issue for me is the car then loses any sense of real world physics as they seem to become mass-less objects that just look odd in how they roll and cartwheel about.

I also think that the Ai is too slow with a lot of the newer content. For instance the BTCC Ai are achieving realistic lap times at 105% - 120% depending on track, although at Croft the lap times seem correct but are too slow for the player driven car which is too fast.

Most of these videos are with the BTCC cars and the latest update but one is a Tatuus F3 (If I remember correctly). The Tatuus crash is maybe not exactly the same but weird none the less.

It would also be nice if a car that has rolled over several times on its roof doesn't just drive off as nothing happened. Maybe some kind of limit to the amount of damage that a car can sustain before it is retired. This would be handy for oval racing where cars limping around the track can be a real problem.

vava74 likes this.
  12. SharD

SharD Registered

This has been a persistent issue with the game. The AI cars take way too much kerb, causing them to spin and crash out.

Reducing aggression and speed does not work. They take the same lines and still spin and crash out. Even with 0% aggression.