How do I get towed back to pits?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Salvador Santolucito, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Salvador Santolucito

Salvador Santolucito Registered

When I wreck in iRacing, I press the pit button and I get teleported to the pits and have to wait an extra time for towing.

In rFactor2, my car just sits on the side of the road and the pit button only requests a pit. How do I get back so they can fix my car? It said something like "push by putting the car in gear and use the throttle"... but the car didn't move.

2. pace_car

pace_car Registered

yes i know, rfactor2 doesnt have that tow option , alternatively in practice / qualification sessions, you can press <esc> button, it will then teleport you straight back to the pits (incl fixing your car)
    if it happen in race, you can press <esc> as well but it will end your race (dnf).
    in some servers you can end the rfactor2 process in taskmanager, and then rejoin the server and continue the race

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Some of that depends upon how much damage your car has suffered. The 'Put it in Gear & Press the throttle' is supposed to mimic your pit crew or course marshalls pushing you. So if you are facing uphill, if your suspension is damaged, if your wheel is off, or stuck in the kitty litter, they won't be able to push. But as @pace_car stated, there is no Towing your car back to the pits... In last years Virtual 24hrs, Max Verstappen wrecked his front corner after something happening at the Ford Chicane...he was yards from the pits and could do nothing, but I was told even if he could have hobbled around for a lap, that type of damage was not repairable Damage is one area we hope S397 addresses more in the future as repairs are integral to endurance racing.

4. R Soul

R Soul Registered

If you bring up the chat box (should be t by default) you can type /towtruck to get you back to the pits. Be advised it will put you a lap down from your current position.

DanRZ likes this.
  5. pace_car

pace_car Registered

strange never heard of this before, also how would this then work in single player modus, as chat option is only available in multiplayer as far as i know