Front wheel drive BTCC cars feel notching FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sg333, Dec 31, 2022.

1. sg333

sg333 Registered

I'm racking my brain trying to solve this. I dont believe its a bug just a combination of factors.

I have a Fanatec Clubsport belt wheel
    For all other content, such as the IR18, GTE cars I have 90% car specific and 90% FFB strength. Smooth usualy about 10. Works perfect

For the BTCC front wheel drive cars, no matter how high I set the smoothing, and lowering car specific FFB I have a horrendous 'notchy' feel in the steering, like there is no smoothing at all. I have to set the FFB SO low to get rid of this that it removes ALL feel, even curbs. It feels worst in slow speed corners, such as hairpins, where the wheel is difficult to turn and 'clonks' almost. At high speed it feels more normal. Is there something in the cars setups that can help remove this feeling? Should the smoothing settings be helping? Even 32 does not

Any suggestions welcome :confused:

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Other than your smoothing is way to high, lol, make sure all the steering, stability, driving aids are off. It is best to clear the assignments for all those aids like ABS, or Steering Help so you don't accidentally push those keys by mistake and turn them on again.

sg333 likes this.
  3. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

First thought

- FFB force in fanatec driver = max 100%
    - FFB force INGAME MAX
    - FFB multi begin to 70% for official content
    Slight more (70-80%) or slight less according cars (FWD especially).
    Some rare cars more than 90% (Caterham)
    Smoothness ingame 0 (or between 0 and 5 max).

For fanatec and all brand I strongly suggest 0 (deactivated) for SPRING and DAMPER in FANATEC DRIVER.

Check the rotation of your wheel ingame and drive, it has to match + very important : "set by vehicle" activated.

sg333 and davehenrie like this.
  4. sg333

sg333 Registered

This made the biggest difference, and I'd say the problem is 70% improved. I still have some 'notchyness' and clunking in the wheel, but I wonder is some of this due to the now 12 year old belt wheel. Either way, its more tolerable now. Thank you!

pkelly likes this.
  5. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I'm using a CSW V2.5 and it feels great with the FWD BTCC cars.

Using 50 FEI, -5 DRF and around 70% ffb multi in game.

sg333 likes this.
  6. Nano

Nano Registered

The same thing happens to me, I feel that the steering force is completely gone when cornering, especially when coming out of the curves.
    Only the Infinity and BMW can drive properly.
    I tried different setups but the problem persists.
    I have a G27 that fits very well in almost all cars, but the BTCC feels very annoying

7. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Try lower FFB multi for these cars (and if possible increase to 100% the FFB force in the driver) to avoid software clipping.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's really a different thing, if I understand the above posts correctly. With FWD the force will seem to disappear when you spin the front tyre(s). So you may just be using too much power.

oikworld likes this.