992 Cup Car has ABS?...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anthony Lineberry, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Anthony Lineberry

Anthony Lineberry Registered

I expected the 992 Cup Car would have no ABS, but regardless of being at full 100% brake pressure, the tires never lockup for me. Tires keep rolling as it slows down to a full stop. I have brake force set to 100% for my pedals. Also odd, is the purple lights on the left/right of the dash light up at the very slightest touch of the brakes. They should only be lighting up during lockup or when ABS is triggered? I have checked all my game control settings and all assists are set to "Off". Trying to adjust ABS in car just says "Anti Lock Brake System adjustment is unavailable."

Very confusing... is there some in-car setting to enable/disable ABS in the Cup Car?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, there's no abs. The brakes aren't that strong, but set the brake strength to 100% in the setup and you can lock them up.

I didn't have the lockup lights doing anything with light brake pressure, that's a bit strange.

3. Anthony Lineberry

Update: Might just be a bug? I've been testing this in single player mode on Laguna and brakes never lockup. Someone on discord suggested trying the Nords official server. Jumped in there and it locks up as expected and purple dash lights behave as expected. If I jump back into that same combo (Nords+992) in Single Player mode it doesn't lock up regardless of 100% brake force and the purple lights light up at the slightest touch of the brake pedal.

4. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

With regards to lock up lights, and the brakes actually locking up, It´s the same case on my end. In other words, lights go on at the slightest touch of the breaks, and breaks don´t really lock up. My break pedal Is none load cell, not sure If that might have something to do with It (lights).

As for ABS and TC, there are some kits on some US Carrera Cup races, and some special races In EU (Nordascheife). The normal Carrera Cup has no ABS nor TC.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    Ricardo Diz likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You definitely don't have ABS on? (Driving aid) It might fit those symptoms well. Or some strange bug indeed.

The game doesn't know if you have load cell or not, it just sees a % input.

oikworld likes this.
  6. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Good to know, thanks Lazza. BTW, I don´t use any driving aids on any car.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I just tested, activating ABS (the aid) causes that errant locking light behaviour (any braking = lights on). And obviously reduces/prevents locking.

Any of Brake Assist, Stability Control, or (obviously) ABS will activate ABS and cause this, so it may not be obvious when you check the difficulty section. Check the MFD in the car, if any of those 3 are on you'll see the ABS is lit - you want it dark like this:

upload_2022-12-30_17-11-40.png

If it's absolutely, 100% for certain not activated and you're getting those lights on, then something's very definitely gone wrong - but at this point I'm saying it's probably 95% you have an aid inadvertently on. It's an easy mistake to make, and one I wish wasn't so easy to make in rF2...

MikeV710 and oikworld like this.
  8. jual

jual Registered

ABS aid can easily be checked with e.g. an ASR 1990-1992 Formula One car with visible front wheels from cockpit.

oikworld likes this.
  9. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

I think the only thing I have on Is the stability on low, so that might be It on my end. Will check, again thanks.

10. Bernat

Bernat Registered

If you can't lock the tires the brake assist must be enabled. It's easy to check, go to the settings screen or when in the car, switch to the assists screen in the HUD.

11. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi.
    I would suggest un-mapping the aid buttons.
    I used to hit them by accident while driving, because the keys are right above the osd keys.

Regards.

davehenrie likes this.
  12. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Any aid mentioned by Lazza above post will trigger the lock up lights while breaking. You can also deactivate selected aids via the F1 - F7 keys.

I had the stability control to low which triggered the lock lights.

13. Anthony Lineberry

Well I feel silly... it was indeed caused by Stability Control being set to low. Never realized that was on. Turning it to "Off" makes the car behave as expected. Thanks all!

Lazza likes this.
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Please do as @Foxtrot suggested and un-assign all the help keys. I fell victim to that when I would reach for the escape key and hit F1, enabling Steering help(I think that was it) So click on the assignment and then hit escape to erase that option for each of the driver aid items.