Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Hi folks, I'm posting this here as I guess most folks who have bought or are interested in the Porsche 992 will be watching this thread

Im running a test server for an hour or so with the Porsche 992 Cup @ Lime Rock, Portland & Zandvoort (All free S397 tracks). If anyone's got any free time please could you pop in just to see if theres any join issues, it is set up for short practice, quali and races but its mainly to test it works, as i've not run an RF2 server in ages!

Server name is: Tarmac Terrorist Potato (no password). Cheers to anyone who's got the time & Happy Holidays!

avenger82 and DJChrizz like this.
  2. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Server now shut down, test successful, thanks to all who helped! Live server and Streams coming soon with this beautiful car!

3. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

hmm, the Porsche 992 CUP Nordschleife 24H competition (timing) does not work ?!
    Thers short GP driving for a timing lap starts not the time, only a full outlap :-/

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think Jimmi said it's not working online, could be the track limits stuff interfering.

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I've come here to make a request, a single issue is all I have with this car, the brake lights, they are to dull even with PP on Ultra I can't see the car infronts brake lights unless in within a car or so of them. Apart from that, its a ripper.

Now can we just get the 70-80's Porsche cousins here to join the family please?

RaceNut likes this.
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Absolutely agree, it feels very weighty, I'm in love with it at Thruxton atm, the weight around the fast sweeping corners is brilliant.

The truest measure of a man :D well next to how big is your PP :p

Alexandre Bauer and DJChrizz like this.
  7. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I second, and very much agree with this! Damn good point which I've been thinking myself for a while now. Also when it rains the rain lights are useless for the same reason, there is just nothing to them, its like a colour or texture has been turned on, not a light, there is no illumination to them. Also for the longest time now we still have the bug where the Audi GT3's brake lights don't work at all so for the love of racing can we finally get this fixed, its paid content and theres no excuse for this not to be patched straight away, much like the missing tire sounds when it rains and the Radical SR3 XX (also paid content), which is also an easy patch and one i've been asking for for two years now!

RaceNut likes this.
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

This cars engine audio drops out or lowers substantially when going over curbs.

RaceNut likes this.
  9. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I've observed the same. I think there's more cars with this issue. Lots of whining posts but I think no one has teported this.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  10. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

hmm, the
    yeah, the track limits are strong too on this server :)

11. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Some interesting little differences I've found between this version and the ACC version, I love both of them! Not experiencing the sound dropping out on the limiter so far though, so I guess im a lucky one. I wonder if we'll get different configs of this car in the future, like one with optional ABS?

12. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

I did some laps on Nordschleife yesterday and I didn´t get any engine audio drop outs. There was a small update (or patch) yesterday when I launched rF2, not sure If that had to do with It. No patch notes so I can´t say what It was for.

13. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Dear Studio 397,

This car is now my personal favorite car in rF2, and therefore in all of simracing. The force feedback feels the BEST. The force is not just a representation of what the front tyres are doing - it is an extension of what the whole car is doing, the suspension, the chassis... I can FEEL the whole car through my hands. Of course this is true with all rF2 cars, but this car takes it to a new dimension. Behind the wheel of this car I am no longer driving a sim car, I am driving the real car - I am the car!

BUT, there is only one thing that is lacking and for me it's at least 50% of what makes driving fun - you simply cannot control the rear end of the car with the throttle. That's not to say you can't control the rear end, you definitely can, but it's more like the sensation of driving a front wheel drive car with McDonald's trays under the rear tyres.

For the love of all things holy, please make some kind of street going 911 or similar car where you can let it rip out of a corner, play with the throttle and hold big slides. Yes there are mods out there, but I don't mean a drift car, I mean like a super sports car, something really sorted chassis and suspension wise. The sensation would be unreal!

Sorry to keep bugging you about this, but rF2 is really the only sim that can deliver a high level of driving realism, it is my only hope.

Rui Santos likes this.
  14. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

I'm sorry but controlling 911 cup car with throttle is not that realistic,
    I have seen many many drives specifically saying power on understeer in the porsche 911 , even in street cars.
    for example i remember chris harris reviewing 911 gt3 road car NOT even RS version on cold damp conditions with street tyres below their optimal temperature range. he said that porsche struggled to get rear end out even in 2nd gear corner
    Look at 6:15 in video below >>

This car has significant aero boost and similar power compared to old 991 ,fatter rear tyres better suspension etc etc, so grip to power ratio is worse....i.e even harder to get rear end driven by throttle.
    Especially in gear above 2nd.
    Your best bet is to take away lateral grip, run stiffer rear ARB than front zero rear toe ,less wing (which will be slow as this car has low drag, low top speed you ought to utilise more rear wing).

In short what you described, perfectly matches what i heard from many actual drivers and this is what i expect.

Kelju_K and azaris like this.
  15. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I know, I'm not having a dig at the realism. I just wish there was a proper powerful car in rF2 that was more controllable under power like practically all modern supercars. One can dream!

Kelju_K and Simulation_Player like this.
  16. sg333

sg333 Registered

This is why my RWD preference in rF2 is cars with traction control. Otherwise RWD + throttle = instant death.

17. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

I get it now, I would too love to have super powerful car 800-900hp plus with very low aero and fat slicks major reliable source of grip.
    We have atleast one option for such category , stock car 2018 . recently updated physics , sound and some graphics improvements too iirc.

green serpent likes this.
  18. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Finally got around to test it.
    It feels very natural to drive, great piece of work.

how do you manage front tire wear? After about 10-15 min race the fronts reach 70 % and then produces a lot of understeer.

19. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

You're forcing too much the front or eventually locking front tires. You can try to decrease brake pressure and change brake bias more to the rear. Let the car flow, don't force it...

Kelju_K and ThomasJohansen like this.
  20. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Here´s a set-up video from Michi Hoyer from yesterday. Personally I took some notes. Resolution Is a bit meh but you can make It.

Hope It helps...

makan likes this.