Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 17, 2022.

1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

short gearbox or only 6th gear
    the sixth should be longer so that it does not limit

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you guys are talking about the 'dropouts' at 288kph, that's bouncing off the rev limiter. The rev limiter is at 8900 rpm in 6th gear, only 8600 rpm in 5th gear, so either that's causing a difference in timing or it's affecting the way the sounds are being played. There's an 80ms ignition cut either way.

There's no separate rev limiter sound; all that happens is either an ignition cut or the throttle gets closed as the rpm limit is approached.

pkelly likes this.
  3. datasting

datasting Registered

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I would venture to guess, based solely on the number of screen grabs posted of the two cars, the Porsche has far exceeded the Vauxhall in terms of user interest.

Simulation_Player and Emery like this.
  5. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

yeah shure, the quality IS different, the newer tracks are fine here

the 992 cup is awesome nice .... for me. I like this car.
    what is your time on NOS24H with the cup ?

6. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

ACC does GT3 better and since I have ACC, its the Astra for me!
    The BTCC have been a fun change for me.

7. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

kind of predictable, how many people would say they will like to drive a vauhall over porsche ? IRL or sim don't matter.
    I'm not mocking BTCC brand or the car at all, These cars are fantastic addition rf2. very unique content and seems fun too.

I just want to clarify that this is CUP car not a GT3 race car. Not saying ACC's cup car is bad but people often get confused when they see "GT3" in CUP car name (992 GT3 CUP).

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

I'm driving them about 50/50. The Vauxhall is amazing fun at Brands Hatch GP. A car you can absolutely chuck around the track and on the edge.

davehenrie likes this.
  9. Magus

Magus Registered

It's not that I prefer one over the other, I just haven't got round to the Vauxhall (I love the BTCC content). I will get to it, just at the moment stuck enjoying racing the 992 on favourite circuits against the AI.

PirroC and Maarten Nauta like this.
  10. Alexandre Bauer

Alexandre Bauer Registered

This car is really another level compared to the old one (here in the sim).
    992 version succeed to transmit the weight of the car, especially improving the tire's flexibility. There are some things to be improved though, like the very aggressive gear downshifting protection and short 6th gearbox, for instance.

I really hope the GT3 cars (and the old 911.2 Cup) gain a soon update based on that car's approach development.

11. keith_d

keith_d Registered

The final drive on the transmission in the Carrera cup is 2.438, RF2 is running 3.74 which might explain the short 6th

Minimum ride heights in the cup are 72mm on the front and 106mm on the rear, RF2 is 67mm Front and 81mm Rear, bit random but hey ho

Minimum preload cup = 65nm, RF2 is 80nm

Theres low, mid and high stress regs on the rear end which changes the camber allowed and alters the ideal pressures

Only small differences but maybe throw out an upgrade package or something for those wanting to run cup specs

TJones and Maarten Nauta like this.
  12. Gio Nuvoli

Gio Nuvoli Registered

GT3 are totally outdated: aero draft, tyres, TC control... a pity. GTE received all this stuff and this shows how good were this things.

13. Simulation_Player

where did u get those ride height numbers (72mm front and 106mm rear ) ?
    regarding why rf2 has different numbers for ride height maybe they are measured at different points here ?
    high chance that i could be wrong but would like to hear learn more about it.

14. keith_d

keith_d Registered

From the technical regulations for the cup, there pretty standard across the board

Simulation_Player likes this.
  15. keith_d

keith_d Registered

RF2 has different numbers for a lot of things

The numbers on the suspension are questionable, if you compare the front suspension on the same car in RF2 and ACC you get two vastly different outcomes, who's right?

acc front.jpg RF2 Front.jpg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
  16. Simulation_Player

That is interesting , ACC suspension has LOT of travel compared to rf2 version. since this is a spec car so spring rate should be same.
    have you tried testing the car on same tack ? (especially pick Laser scanned track in rf2 to compare it with ACC).

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Susp pos 0 is somewhat arbitrary. And yes, ride height is as measured, which can vary depending what your reference point is.

I would be wary of confusing precision with accuracy when it comes to interpreting data.

18. keith_d

keith_d Registered

I tested on various, Sebring, Spa, Bahrain etc, same result on all of them

19. Simulation_Player

susp position itself can be different for various reasons, what would be more important is how much susp position changes during lap.
    lets take eau rouge for example high compression zone, if here u see susp position go up during compression from say 10mm to 20mm in rf2 and in ACC it goes up from 50mm to 80mm and IF this difference is roughly consistence lap after lap then there something interesting thing. as this spec car setup values should be similar. not that it can has vast range of setup range anyways so it would still be fair comparison.
    I also heard that cars in ACC in general have high inertia , so that could be another reason for difference.

20. keith_d

keith_d Registered

It could be anything mate, the suspension physics from sim to sim can vary by quite a bit, I've had years of delving into it, it just struck me as interesting on an otherwise boring day

The extension and compression is quite extreme for a front end but other than that it drives fine, if they throw in some of those changes I mentioned further up I'll be more than happy