Transfer Money to Steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael K., Dec 24, 2022.

1. Michael K.

Michael K. Registered

Hello,
    i just wanted to buy some rF2 Content, that is on Winter Sale in the Steam Shop, but then i have seen that i can only transfer fixed Amounts like 5 €, 10 €, ..... but no own Amount.
    I am pretty sure that i could do that in the Past.
    Does anybody know, if that was changed?

Merry Christmas!

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No issues transferring the exact amount the last couple of times for me, through Paypal.

3. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

same for me, no problem when buying the two new cars

4. Michael K.

Michael K. Registered

@Lazza @Manfredk2 In which way do you transfer the money?
    In the steam client and also on their website, i click to buy the mini for example, then "go to cash register", where i get shown that i don't have enough money in steam, then i go to "transfer money" and then i get the below options.
    Do i miss something?
    In the past, there also was the option, to transfer an own amount, that is not there anymore.
    BTW I always use "direct transfer" from my bank, i don't use paypal or credit card.

steammoney.jpg

5. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

i use paypal and always get the option to transfer only as much money as needed. Maybe it has to do with direct transfer

6. bears

bears Registered

I purchased the Radical I had to transfer a minimum amount ($5 in my country) because the Radical cost was under the minimum amount of $5, all my other purchases in the past have been the exact amount because they were all over $5, I now have afew dollars sitting in my wallet for next time ... if that makes sense :)

7. Michael K.

Michael K. Registered

The option, on which way the money shall be transferred, is coming after the selection of the amount.
    Do you see other options than i see on my screenshot?

It makes sense, but doesn't help me. :)
    I just want to only transfer the exact money, that is needed for what i want to buy.
    Imagine if you buy a book, that costs 27,30 €, on amazon for example and you only have the option to transfer 5, 10, 25, 50 or 100 €.
    Does that makes sense?
    I would say no, it does not. ;)

8. bears

bears Registered

Y
    Yeah I didn’t say I agreed with it ha ha, but I think unless your purchase is over the minimum amount you can’t.

9. Michael K.

Michael K. Registered

Don't mind, it was my idiotic mistake.... :D
    I only selected the mini, which costs 1.49 € and because the lowest amount to transfer is 5 €, there was no option for less than that.
    When i add the vanwall for example, i get the option to transfer the exact amount.
    Case closed.

EDIT
    Exactly :)

pkelly, Manfredk2 and Lazza like this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

UNLESS, you knew you were going to buy another book in the future... which, since every 3 months there will be new cars and tracks, is almost a certainty.
    I don't use Pay Pal so I often get the same 5, 10, 15 etc dollar increments as well, doesn't bother me to save the leftover money in Steam for the next content drop. I did see a new option this last sale where I could complete the transaction with a 2nd card I have on file. So by having two cards you may be able to pay the precise amount.

11. Steve Cunningham

Steve Cunningham Registered

I think you just shop and buy then it let's you use the exact amount. Don't load steam first but just shop and buy then the option will buy what's in the cart etc.
    You have to have registered your payment info on steam etc. and it will just do it for you for that amount.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's not paypal thing. I think you didn't read the rest of the posts.