No tire sounds

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Rui Santos, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Please guys, fix the broken ingame sounds, right now in some oficial cars i can't hear the tires, which in a simulation is decisive...

2. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

In the Toyota btcc for example, if you crank up the tire sounds all you hear is the calipers whining too loud..

3. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

legacy volume slider don't work on new sound engine cars.

Rui Santos likes this.
  4. philman

philman Registered

@ Rui Santos .
    You have perhaps read my post some time ago: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/sounds-of-tires.70512/ It was for the early sounds.
    But with the new sounds, if some things have been improved, there are still major flaws and notably the fact that the sounds of the tires are the same whether the track is dry or wet!
    I gave up repeating the same thing over and over again; the developers only do what they want

Rui Santos likes this.
  5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Yeah, they do what they want, but this should be on top of the list! It's like driving blind! :(

6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Sometimes reproducing bugs is hard. You've just created this post today and it's not even in the bug reports forum.

Maybe it's really easy reproducible for you but it could be almost impossible for everyone else depending on the cause.

Providing some logs or any other info could contribute to a faster fix. Like the settings of the session, number of cars, track, cars, etc.

Goanna likes this.
  7. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

lol what? pretty sure tyre volume is by design and very much not a bug, but he could provide a video himself or post any of the other available videos on this newer cars.
    Could be argued that´s how it sounds like inside the cockpit of one of this cars in real life (I havent found any footage of the 992 cup car featuring squealing tyres yet), but since we are at a disadvantage with driving feel in the sim then prehaps an optional, louder tyre sounds upgrade would be appropiate - Kinda like we get for a semi-transparent halo in modern open wheelers.

Rui Santos likes this.
  8. Simulation_Player

as long as we still have option to turn it down as well, i personally like to have "realistic" balance of sound. iirc thats what this new sound engine is doing , it is recreating what it would sound like if u place mic on given position.
    so if they are doing it properly and getting realistic balance then im fine with no sliders, but wouldn't hurt to give people options to adjust.

Rui Santos and Bernat like this.
  9. Bernat

Bernat Registered

OK, now I understand. You need an audio alert that your tires are slipping because you can't know when it happens. Maybe it can be implemented in an external tool. Alert sounds when sliding, maybe a visual alert too, and some other driving assists. It would be more appropiate.

But OP talks about broken sounds. He may think it's a bug.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

some of the cars have a set of lights to show wheelspin and lockup, but only 1 car makes use of those lights(that I know of...991 cup?)

11. Simulation_Player

no the 991 cup don't have it. vanwall shows wheelspin and brake lock , i think senna gtr shows lights on both scenarios as well.
    traction light is such a cool feature. i wish all cars get it in rf2, all correct ones that have it IRL too.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You mean 992? It has functioning lockup lights.

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Totally forgot about the Senna. Thanks for the reminder.