Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Also as per above

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What, learn to drive the way the car needs instead of 'what feels right', like a real driver? What gives?

:p

3. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Is this new, never seen this before (car on fire)...

[​IMG]

Leonardo1962 and Leynad like this.
  4. TJones

TJones Registered

Nothing new! I managed to blow my engine a few times over the years. :D

Just spend a few laps at Zandy, this car is really impressive, seems like a new reference.
    Edit 2:
    AI was about 3 sec. off the the/my pace :confused:.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
    MikeV710 likes this.
  5. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I just had this with the Stockcars, im pretty sure i've never seen fire effects like that before in RF2, it was impressive, I like!

Rui Santos and MikeV710 like this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Fire has been around since the F1 days of the ISI engine. However, I think there have been DLC manufacturers who don't want to see their pretty cars dented or scorched, so, many recent cars have not had fire enabled.

MikeV710 likes this.
  7. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Great 922 cup car, I love it. No ABS and TC is great here and good controllable. So much fun and the tires are great, only on the limit the wheels going hot to quick.
    anyone says not to much tracks in rF2 or cars ? lol I have installed over 300 cars and over 200 tracks. rf2 has the most diversity on the planet I think. too much great tracks and mods, not all at the same grafik level but ok.

Rui Santos and Alnorate like this.
  8. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Yes thats true but it looks like its been touched up a bit now

9. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Well, I really did think I was gunna like this version of the car.

I have given it a fair old go tonight, I really have! Online, offline, A.I. race, couple of different tracks.

But im sorry I just don't like this version of the car!...

I muthafudging love it!!!

10. Eduardo Henriques

Eduardo Henriques Registered

Has anyone noticed that on the Porsche 992 the slipstream effect is almost null or non-existent? Is it really like that?
    Will there also be an endurance setting like the previous version in the future?

11. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

When In full 6th gear (leman straight), the engine sound cuts off at Intervals. Is this normal, or Is this just happening on my end?
    Thanks.
    Both cars, Vauxhall/Opel and Porsche are great fun. Recent cars are all In general a lot of fun and seem spot on. Great job S397!

Rui Santos likes this.
  12. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Getting up early to drive this thing again the next morning does bring up some issues such as: I really should be getting these presents wrapped, at some point I should eat, when am I going to speak to my family again, have I really just spent over two hours driving this???

More importantly though... I love this thing! I love the 991 aswell! They are like two brothers, both with different skills but similar in the way they attack a task. I really think they are two of my favorite cars in sim racing! Please dont forget about the 911 and keep it up to date (along with other premium content), I love swapping between the two cars, its pure driving joy!

13. Magus

Magus Registered

Great racing with 31AI at Brands Hatch. Superb car! :) My dream car now virtual.

Thank you & Merry Christmas to all at S397 and thank you for your hard work and commitments to one of the best racing simulators for home use.

Wishing you all a happy, prosperous and most importantly, healthy 2023.

14. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

sorry I have only 11 paid DLC tracks with quality, I drive only quality, not quantity, my standards are now the S397 paid DLC.

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

This happens to me in some cars at top speed and I wondered was it just me. It sounds like the audio is cutting out and Im not sure if this is a feature or not. Examples are the Aston GTE and the new 2018 stock car.

16. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

@MikeV710
    It's the same for me.
    He gets into the limiter.
    Therefore short interrupt.
    But you can no longer do 6th gear.

17. sg333

sg333 Registered

The thing is it doesnt sound like a limiter sound, its like the sound just drops out

18. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I had a sim racing buddy come over yesterday so we could both try the new car... I wanted a track that neither of us had driven so I randomly downloaded Virginia International Raceway.

Needless to say we had a BLAST! I highly recommend the track/car combo, it's off the damn hook I tell ya!

Ricardo Diz and Eric Rowland like this.
  19. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Yes, sound just drops out In Intervals. Intervals are equal apart so It´s not a random cut-off. I haven´t tried other tracks or stock 2018 car.

20. instinkt

instinkt Registered

I was hyped but at the end I don't like it that much cause it lacks of feeling during braking for me which is problematic with car without abs
    in other officially released cars without abs I just can feel how should I behave during braking and when wheel locks, here I can't at all but in other aspects it feels nice so little bit sad there is no version with abs especially when these cars using few different specs irl (no assists, abs, abs/tc and only tc also?) with the way rFactor works would be nice to have option to swap versions like u swappin aero packages
    but beside that it sounds and looks good (with some minor dashboard problems where numbers glitching sometimes)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
    PirroC likes this.