WIP [In-game store] Content not appearing after purchase

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by PhilT, Dec 22, 2022.

Tags:
  1. PhilT

PhilT Registered

Yesterday I added 3 cars in the store. Porsche Cup, BTCC Vauxhall, Mini Cooper. Paid and installed. However, when I went to select one of cars it didn't appear. Quiting rF2 and starting it up again seemed to fix it. I can't remember exactly now but I think the packages loaded when I restarted so probably they didn't install. Sorry I should have paid more attention but the last DLC I bought stuff in Steam and the one before that I think the in game store worked just fine and loaded the content I added. Actually, I remember it was even in the RC I tested it. One car or track I think.

2. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I saw the same. I bought the new cars in the in-game store, I clicked "install now" and waited while they were installed one after the other (I think I saw the Vauxhall image but not the Porsche one, it displayed a small broken picture icon). When the installation ended I tried to select the cars and they didn't show up. They appeared after restarting the game.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
  3. redapg

redapg Registered

If you install something while rFactor 2 is running, it can not appear, because the Game won't recognize it.
    So you have to restart rF2 or shut it down before you install something.

4. PhilT

PhilT Registered

I think you misunderstand. If you install via the steam app while the game is running, sure, I wouldn't expect that to be visible until you restart. We're talking about the in-game store. It's very purpose is to install content while in the game. It used to work. Now it doesn't, at least for some of us. The in-game store was added earlier this year.

redapg likes this.
  5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the report, I'll look into it today.

6. redapg

redapg Registered

You are right, i wasn't aware, that Content, that was purchased in the in Game Store, was getting installed and available immediately, while the Game is still running.

7. bberger

bberger Registered

Can confirm.