Converging sims ACC - RF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lgel, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

When I tried initially ACC, I was not convinced by the lack of connection of the car with the road and didn't play often with it.

Now, after many releases of both titles, I am surprised that both sim feel very similar at the driving wheel.

It's just my feeling, feel free to disagree.

Cheers.

2. Gary_S85

Gary_S85 Registered

They feel similar to a point. RF2 has a lot of excessive chatter through the FFB, although this can add to the experience. ACC does the physics very well, especially on weight shift and pitching...like, really well. RF2 is also hit and miss with the quality of the connection to the car. Some cars are great, some cars are aweful.

3. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

I would say they give similar feel, like 70%. but if u observe bit more the difference start to rise. tyre model, aero , suspension behavior everything is quite different. and this not just feel alone , the setup of same cars in ACC V.S RF2 is drastically different.
    sim industry has come far but not enough where all sims are so realistic they all feel the same , exactly same setup, driving style works.
    best thing us non engineer folks can do is watch onboards of real cars driven on various tracks, various conditions, various driver etc, get a "feel" how real car reacts and see which sim comes close. objective data wise verification is possible only if u got some info from people who know this stuff or u got data yourself, so chances are low here. i combine both of above method.

Emery likes this.
  4. xeroborn

xeroborn Registered

The rf2 tire model is what sets it apart for me. The way the tires interact with the road is unmatched.

I drive brands hatch a lot in rf2 and acc and the way you slide through the big downhill turn feels very different in each of them. rF 2 passes some hidden test in my head, nothing about it strikes me as obviously wrong when compared to a real car. Acc something about the angle of the tire slide or even the angle of the car as a whole as it goes through the turn, it’s not right. I think kunos is aware of this. Aris on his YouTube channel has mentioned a tire update coming.

5. Simulation_Player

ACC feels like a slot car following trajectory , understeer on partial throttle and oversteer if you got power to spin wheels in given gear.
    while rf2 feels like tyre gripping , sliding laterally and longitudinally on surface, more micro throttle and steering inputs needed in rf2(just like IRL) and this is definitely not just FFB , this is core physics differences.

6. Pawel44

Pawel44 Registered

After ACC update to 1.8 it feels closer to rF2. However, rF2 is an only sim where my G29 is working as intended. I can 'feel' the car and I can break which seems to be impossible in ACC with G29 breaking pad. Driving in rF2 is just a pleasure.

OneMoreOdd likes this.
  7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

When you push hard a GT3 or BMW M2 CS in rF2, you drift, really, you drift with massive countersteeer in the turns every time......in ACC there is more grip I find, more realistic, you don't feel like drifting a GT3...
    The rF2 FFB has far more details than ACC for me, but the curbs in rF2 are too much strong.
    About the brake feel, in rF2, you feel a resistance in the wheel when you brake and steer, in ACC nothing.
    There are massive differences with rF2 and ACC for me, I like both, ACC just needs a beef PC to play with crisp graphics.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  8. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I don't know how you guys are even comparing both simulations... ACC is "dumb" compared with rF2, just hope AC2 will not be another sequel of ACC or an ACC2...

IMO even AC is better than ACC...

9. sg333

sg333 Registered

Even within rF2, car setup hugely affects behaviour. A car can go from a slidey mess to planted with just a few tweaks.

pilAUTO likes this.
  10. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

no, the rain is for me far better simulated in ACC, and not only the rain. And I hope AC2 is like ACC2, I will buy with my closed eyes.

No, I have seen the best of the world with Esport, they really drift the cars to push....1st and famous major issue in rF2.

11. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

As a newbi here, I agree with @Simulation_Player. Definitively feels like a slot car to me (on rails). I also feel that In ACC, If you don´t drive like the devs Intend you to drive (scripted?), you will be all over the place. On the other hand, rF2 Is more dynamic, or call It flexible with you´re driving. In other words, you can do more things with It when It comes to driving, so It feels a bit more natural although with It´s limits, but not as limited as ACC. ACC seems hard scripted to me. As someone mentioned, I even think that AC Is better then ACC.

Maybe In the future, I will think/feel different, but for now and since I first tried rF2, It´s just Is the better sim for me.

No drama, everyone Is entitled to enjoy what they like and we must respect that.

12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I think ACC could be just as epic modern racecar driving experience like rF2 is, but it isn't, because they don't want it to be so... rF2 in general is way more advanced apart rain (hydroplanning), and rF2 still could improve a lot at most stuff. Also rF2 is close to perfect for any kind of car simulation.

memoNo1 and Rui Santos like this.
  13. Gary_S85

Gary_S85 Registered

Pretty true to life what you describe there. In ACC you do follow a trajectory/line. Each track has one line around it, which a car will be fastest. Anything outside of this line is time lost (generally speaking). This is not just ACC, this is any sim, and IRL race car.
    The understeer on partial throttle is the push understeer from the diff and/or rear end squat. If you give it too much power in a low gear and TC won't hold it, then you will be fighting the rear.
    All being said, I think both sims do a nice job...ACC is probably more advanced on the physics side, especially around aero modelling and RF2 probably having a more in depth tyre model. I do remember from testing the Ferrari 488 GTE and GT3 in RF2 and ACC, both had the same characteristic. ACC was more twitchy, felt stiffer and was harder to control, fairly pitch sensitive too. RF2 felt a lot nicer, more planted and more enjoyable in that sense (once I got the FFB sorted in RF2).

FAlonso and Maxfly like this.
  14. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

rf2 driving is certainly more fun, ACC is probably more realistic. Real cars dont slide around and dont do these quick oversteer twitches you see in rf2. I was watching rf2 virtual vec laguna seca on youtube for a bit thinking it was real life (good graphics) and then i noticed the lmp cars doing these oversteer twitches and thinking : ah no this is rf2. In ACC you cannot mistake the graphics for real life because unreal colours look like mario kart but you dont see cars do this weird sliding and pivotting.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just this week was a post from a fellow that felt his G29 was wrong with rF2. Perhaps you can talk to him??? I think he learned to drive with Pcars2 and feels all sims should respond like that does. Kinda like all the Codemasters love going on for them getting a rallye title back, (I was never one to view Codies as 'the word' on sims)

16. Pawel44

Pawel44 Registered

I saw negative review on Steam as well regarding rF2 and G29. The guy doesn't allow to comment under his review, though. They must have something really messed up with their setups. Maybe logitech application or something, because rF2 is the best experience I've ever had with this wheel. And I tried possibly everything to make it better in ACC, but it's always the same..

17. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I think he's talking about a post in this forum. This guy wanted the FFB to be as similar to PC2 as possible because he liked that, he said he didn't care about realism. When it comes to FFB there's many many different preferences.

18. Pawel44

Pawel44 Registered

In this case I think nobody can help him. I've never played PC2, because I care about realism.

Emery and Rui Santos like this.
  19. Simulation_Player

Not to disrespect your opinion that you think AC is better than ACC.
    I generally have no bias towards any developer/sim, i try to look into objective facts as much as i can.
    so objectively speaking ACC engine is superior in every aspect compared to AC1. aero, chassis,suspension,tyres everything received major changes and new features on top it.
    i think why some of you like AC1 more is probably content variety.
    If one were to simulate one same car in ACC engine V.S AC1 engine, with ample real data, ACC's version will be more realistic.

Yes what i described is possible in every decent sim or even simcade.
    I don't know how to put it into words properly, thats all i can say.
    I have no proper data driven way to prove it.
    ACC is not bad at all, it is complex sim, i just don't like driving in it...fundamentally not because of FFB.
    i can tweak setup to get car to drive to what i believe should be "realistic" but that is very incorrect approach to get realism and not fast lap time wise as well.
    IMO something between rf2 and ACC lies the "perfect" sim.

memoNo1 likes this.
  20. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I don't think Rennsport or iRacing or AMS2 or RRRE will ever be able to top rF2.
    Because rF2 is always evolving too.
    I have tried, struggled to warm up to ACC.
    But it really lacks the flexibility, the round "flow" like in rF2.
    I can't describe it any other way.

Rui Santos likes this.