Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 17, 2022.

1. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Source: https://www.porsche.com/china/en/ab...ternational/?lang=en&pool=china&id=2020-12-14

Probably these systems are available in Pro-Am/Am classes, but I wouldn't be surprised if the rF2 version doesn't offer them at all. Fine by me btw!

juanchioooo likes this.
  2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I had already read it

The electronics are designed to be user-friendly for easier error analyses and specific help in problem-solving. Around 700 diagnostic options are available. Specific software summarises all information more clearly and comprehensibly. Optional vehicle functions such as ABS or traction control are already stored in the system. They can be activated via a digital code. In the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup and in most national Carrera Cups, these driving aids are switched off: in these championships, the talent of the drivers alone is what counts.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  3. darkojovanoski1986

darkojovanoski1986 Registered

Last night I fired RR and GT3 Cup endurance version HAD traction control. Carrera cars in RR doesn`t have it.

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It is the same because of the language or the translator that I do not speak English, what I wanted to say is that in rfactor 2 the porsche cup does not have traction control, in the endurance of gte gt3 they do have

5. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

The Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car has no TC at all. Super cup variant has no electronics, Endurance has ABS system. As for the coming 992 version, I should imagine it will be as it is in the race series with only ABS. The Assetto Corsa Competizione version of the 992 has ABS only (no TC), and its fecking awsome! If the RF2 version is anything like this (and going by the similarities between the RF2 911 & the ACC 911 it probably will be), it'll be a beauty to drive!

juanchioooo and DJChrizz like this.
  6. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Just reminiscing, when i made that video I was testing the car at Snetterton...... Please for the love of racing can we have Snetterton in RF2!!!

DJChrizz likes this.
  7. Steve Bird

Steve Bird Registered

Half decent one at ISR

8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

For me the best rFactor mod together with the Pro formula and the infinity, although there are other mods that I also like a lot, like the skyp barber, but I think that what rFactor needs most are circuits, my favorite is especially Macao, but it must be recognized that there are many others that are also very interesting

9. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Our version has no electronic aids.

10. Andrea Frollo

Andrea Frollo Registered

YES! This car is a show, a worthy heir to the previous one.

11. kados

kados Registered

It is not possible to shift up without throttle.

12. Leynad

Leynad Registered

Nobody wants AIDS:D
    First impression: Great handling and sound:rolleyes:. Default-setup too oversteery (but as expected):eek:. Seems slower than the real cars when comparing it to the top qualifying times (Imola:1:43,2, Spa: 2:19,8) or it's me and the AI. Dashboard brake-balance doesn't work like in the real cars (+5= 55/45, -5= 45/55) and too many liveries missing.

Rui Santos likes this.
  13. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

Yeah this drives quite differen from the ACC car. This car in rf2 is fairly easy to drive, the ACC one is more on edge and the ACC one wheelspins much more easily on throttle. As always different cars in the same sim are more alike than ln the same car in different sims. I have never driven the iracing one.

14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

hyper quality car

15. Leynad

Leynad Registered

I'm regularly watching Porsche Carrera Cup races and onboards since the 992-series. The car in ACC is challenging and I've enjoyed it, but the real 992 Cup doesn't drive like that and is far more understeering and boaty. This on-throttle oversteer character is ridiculous and incidents in the real car are usually due to understeer. The 992 Cup in iRacing is far more authentic and real Cup-drivers are using it as well, but it's completely missing the driving dynamics, so steering inputs needed. The rF2 version is by far the best representation and seems on point once you tune in more understeer.

16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

What is a bit strange ist that downshifting is not possible while staying on the throttle, even in very low rpm ranges.

17. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

great fun to drive
    (very easy to drive, but sometimes it refuses to shift)
    upload_2022-12-21_21-7-28.png

PirroC and R.Noctua like this.
  18. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

I noticed too.
    Monza, no problems.
    Nürburgring turn 2-3 shift problem delayed, with auto shift.
    In manual no problem
    Otherwise, great car.
    Am satisfied.

Leonardo1962 likes this.
  19. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Great car! Just had a fantastic hour at Nurburgring with it. Thanks S397.

20. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Indeed that is correct, simulated just like the real version - something new to get used to doing in sim :D