Resolved Crashing Game FatalError 11

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by mireba, Dec 18, 2022.

1. mireba

mireba Registered

My game crashes in the middle of the race for no apparent reason. I searched and the last lines of the trace are these :

The game screen freezes and then the app closes and it goes to the desktop. Can someone help me with this ?

My computer specs are the following:
    AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    16 Gb Ram DDR4 3200 MHz

Attached Files:

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Which drivers for the AMD card are you using? rF2 and AMD have not worked well together since the 22.5.1 version. Some users have gotten the newest set of drivers to work, but they disable all the AMD specific function in the Radeon software. Also setting graphics to a low level has helped, but as far as I know, the v22.5.1 drivers are the last stable ones for rF2.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I've heard that high drive letters might not work well. I see you're using Z:

I have no direct experience with it.

The trace file appears to end with you entering the car. Is that when it crashes? Or while driving too?

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There was a thread here a few months ago, I think ....and this is my foggy memory ..... G:\ is the highest drive letter the game accepts. But if that was the issue, I'd be surprised he gets into the track at all.

5. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I been using H:\ without problem for over 2yrs, so using up to H is no problem. May be using high drive letters is an AMD problem which does not affect Intel CPUs. I remember back in the XP period there was a program called tweak where you could turn off drive letters which were not being used. Could be AMD turn off high drive letters in the bios. Just a thought.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

I have Steam and rFactor 2 installed on G:\ and it works properly, but it seems that some Configurations, with too high Drive Letters may cause Problems.
    Here is the Thread about it, that @davehenrie did mention.
    @mireba You did say that it crashes in the middle of the Race.
    Did it ever run properly?
    And if yes, what was the last Thing that you did change, before it started to crash (installed new Graphics Card Driver, use new installed Content...)?

7. mireba

mireba Registered

First of all my thanks to everyone for your answers and solidarity to help me.

The first thing I did was change the card drivers, following Davehenrie's instructions and installing version v22.5.1., which surprised me when everything worked correctly again and without a single image freeze. I have the graphics in ultra and the game runs perfectly with these drivers.
    So in my case the solution has been back in the installation of the drivers.

Thank you very much and happy Christmas holidays to everyone!

redapg and davehenrie like this.