Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 17, 2022.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Both sides of this kerfuffle are correct. One side says the car is completely new, the other states it is merely an update. But IF we accept your original post of only a 100cc larger engine, then we also have to throw away the Audi GT3 Evo(free) or the Radical XX(paid), whose biggest change was a digital steering wheel. Is the new Vanwall LMH really a new car or just an evolution of the ByKolles LMP1?

Don't get hung up on the C7 to C8 comparison, that was one user trying to make plain to you the difference.(and because of the engine placement, it was a poor example).
    911 GT3 Cup (991) > 911 GT3 Cup (992) Porsche would not have included a model number change if there were not enough improvements to warrant that incremented number. While there are a myriad of 911s dating from 1964, very few are identical.

2. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

are ye sure about that ?

pkelly likes this.
  3. Franck

Franck Registered

the 991 CUP is based on a 991 GT3 (road) body, while the 992 CUP is based on a much wider 992 Turbo.
    so it's not just an update, because the car bases have nothing to do. they have different behavior and performance.

4. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Why argue/discuss about it here?
    If you don't want the 992 cup, you shouldn't.
    And END!
    Everyone has to know for themselves.
    Clear buy for me.
    That says it all for me!

5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

The car is what it is and even if you increase the cylinder capacity, put larger discs on the engine, larger pads, longer wheel arches, it will still not be all new, therefore it is an update of the car, obviously it has improvements, but that is not was the issue, in any case it will continue to be the same car that they sell again, I have all the official content of rfactor and if they release the car I will buy it too, there are people here who do not understand certain things, I have rfactor if I remember correctly from the end of 2011 or beginning of 2012 of 2011, the criticism are constructive, not destructive

6. Comante

Comante Registered

Looks like an airplane, fly like an airplane... it's an airplane!
    No it's Superman!!

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

that seems very good to me

pkelly likes this.
  8. Franck

Franck Registered

if we follow your reasoning, the current 991 CUP that we have in RF2 is an update of the 964 CUP?
    [​IMG]

9. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Registered

Ill post this again you possibly cant be serious and write this with a straight face...cars are not based on the same car...old one is 991.2 and new is 992...just even that is resulting in a way different car. On top of that there are multiple differences mechanically and aerodynamically between the cars. Cars do not share a single panel in common. So in no way shape or form is the new one a update on the old one.That just between the two cars in reality.

Modeling wise there is i bet nothing that can be reused from the old model as all body panels parts etc are different.
    So a fully new 3d model different every way .... in no shape or form can be called an update.

I was amazed about the same thing for the bentley gt3 old vs new...those 2 cars do not share a single piece between each other maybe some displays or electronics.

Audi r8 cars in game are a different bag as those car versions actually share alot of the cars main structure in common and those two versions would fit what you are describing...an update in real life and game.

r00b Driver and juanchioooo like this.
  10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

good answer, thank

11. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Ha ha. Stop debating guys.

Of course cars are different.

And of course you have to pay for the new if you want it.

I don't want to discuss the car in reality, it's sterile.

But in rF2.....

Different cockpit and body, extremely good graphics, different and extremely good sounds, completely different physics and base setup, lots of official liveries (I think?), iconic model/newest/one of the best series in the world.....

And the best :

All the latest physics technologies available to S397 + car designed with Porsche (I think?) and with a great series driver.

And..... The price will be a maximum of 5 euros (cheap) or less with the BTCC....

So..... Everyone does what they want, I buy !!!!! ;)

pkelly likes this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I repeat it once more, the debate was not about money, since I have no problem buying,... that has been misrepresented here

13. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Yes, I mentioned money, but that's not the heart of my message.

The heart of my message is that the interest in buying this car is huge when you like rFactor 2, even if you have already bought the other one.

juanchioooo likes this.
  14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

perfect and there is no problem with it, as I have already said on many occasions I am a stalwart I only use rfactor 2

pkelly likes this.
  15. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

it will be great if it moves while driving and sounds like it does in reality

let's not forget that this also exists in iR. so this is an extra + to attract loads of drivers from there

Simulation_Player likes this.
  16. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

I hope they got open exhaust version of sound recording for it.
    the difference between silenced vs open is mind blowing, its a sin to silence these cars.

17. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

if they want good sales, it better be open

18. szelljr

szelljr Registered

Ok , 2 nice car +updates(BTCC) . Now all we need is a nice track for the pack .......The Red Bull Ring !!!! ♫♪♫.:)

Manfredk2 and MikeV710 like this.
  19. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Member

Sounds are not that bad i think ;) My ears are still bleeding from the onboard transmission samples editing :D

RaceNut and Danny Vincent like this.
  20. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Oulton is more suited for the BTCC, I have never liked the Austria GP