Is it possible to simulate F1 1991? AI Fuel Problem....

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by EMY, Dec 17, 2022.

1. EMY

EMY Registered

Hi all, sorry for my English.., I want to simulate the 90-91-92-93 F1 seasons with AI. At the time, F1 didn't stop to load fuel during the race but only changed the tyres.

In HDV I know to put this string in [PITMENU] Fuel=0

However, the AI has a strange behavior ... during qualifying it does 3 or 4 laps and then runs out of fuel without recharging it to be able to do other laps ...

In the race, however, some cars start with little fuel and, unable to refuel, retire with the fuel finished, while others finish the race as if they had started with a full tank... Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks a lot to everyone.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Have you followed the usual AI advice, like running a full practice session?

3. Caio Fonseca

Caio Fonseca Registered

How do I do that?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Assuming you have a practice session enabled (so before qualifying), let the AI complete the entire session. That may mean pressing Ctrl-X to accelerate time, and wait for the time to run all the way down to 0:00. (and probably make sure the practice session is a decent length; setting a 5 minute session will probably not achieve much, it's not so much about having the session complete as it's about having the AI run through some practice stints and 'work out' how much fuel they're using...)

5. EMY

EMY Registered

Done...session complete.

San Marino circuit all 33+1(me) drivers on track for 1 practice session. Then Qualifying 1 60 min (I set 25 laps) Qualifying 2 60min. Then Warm up 30min and 61 lap race.

The AI does as it pleases. In qualifying 1, almost all the drivers do 4/6 laps and then go back to the pits.
    When they get back on track, they run out of petrol and then never get back on track.
    Between qualifying 1 and 2 some drivers remain in the pits without petrol while others do the usual laps and then run out of petrol.

In the race, some riders start very fast because they are low on fuel and then finish it and finish their race. Others do the whole gp and logically they are much slower.

Rfactor mysteries

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There's a thread around here on various AI tweaks and best settings, sorry, I can't find it.

I suspect running timed races (rather than a number of laps) got better results on fuel, but it's best to try and find the existing thread(s) for reference.

(the mod you're using could also have an effect on how well things work)