Why no F1 mod ? I don’t get it !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turbonetick, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Turbonetick

Turbonetick Registered

I truly can’t figure out the reason why there’s practically no F1 mod for the sim racing community , truly a shame , do we all need to migrate to Acc now to play the pinnacle of Motorsport ?
    Appreciate any feedback, especially from modder ,
    Regards

Flipo likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ACC has F1? I did a very brief, very cursory search at the rF2 workshop. Over 80 items related to F1. Many of those may be skins, or tracks to be sure, but F1 is represented. Reminds me of the Aussie Super V8 fans back in the days of GTR2. There were multiple full season carpaks, multiple tracks, and yet every year there were requests for F1 or V8 Supercars. (always wondered why F1 fans wanted to use a sim with 60 second pits stops...)

SuperMonaco_GP likes this.
  3. Gary_S85

Gary_S85 Registered

The F1 cars in AMS2 are amazing. Even the older ones are amazing. Such a raw experience.

4. lagg

lagg Registered

There are F1 more or less of every era, but rF2 doesn't simulate the hybrid tech.
    Then there isn't a F1 later to 2008 well simulated.
    This is making that many people are migration to other sims/games little by little.
    There are cars that try to simulate the current tech using boost or engine Maps, but that's all.

mesfigas likes this.
  5. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

I suggest this mod, and leave those who tell you it sucks, they lie knowing they are lying.

Nick9320 likes this.
  6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

There's a 2013 F1 mod on the forum, a 1996 mod on the workshop and there's also a 1998, 1993 and 1973 McLaren available in the game for free.

pkelly likes this.
  7. Turbonetick

Turbonetick Registered

Thanks for the replies , as for the F1 being present, aside from hybrid 2022 by ASM all others are from different era of formula one , and we already played those mods in different leagues ,
    In the past, there always been 3-4 mods to choose from every year,as of 2019 , only a single modder do f1 , ASM , why ?
    Like lagg says , people are fleeing to other platforms like ACC to find a descent F1 mod ,
    Sadly !

8. lagg

lagg Registered

As a F1 fan it's a shame.
    The ASM or the Formula Pro are very very good cars.
    But F1 fans that use simulators want realism.
    And it doesn't exist without the ability to use the deployment and recovery systems of the batteries.
    This is not possible in rF2.
    But the sadest thing is that KERS was introduced in F1 in 2009 and was used until 2013 and F1 has a complete hybrid system since 2014.
    F1 fans have been going to other sims little by little.

FordGT40, avenger82 and Lazza like this.
  9. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

Everyone is free to create their own car mod as the tools are there, so you don't have to wait for someone else to make it for you.
    The issue with modern F1 is that you can never have solid data unless you are in the industry or have some blessed contacts. 99% of what you find online are estimations.

You are wrong about only being one single modder of F1 cars in rF2. Leagues such as FSR and GPVWC have had high downforce single seaters for years, mostly a new car for every season.

You also have to take into consideration that modding in rF2 seems to be significantly more advanced than it is in ex. Assetto Corsa. A lot from what I've seen, AC is mainly based on lookup tables that you can configure with a lot of freedom, which is generally the reason why you will find a lot of mods in that game. Just configuring your own tyre in rF2 requires you to have a lot of knowledge and it can likely take you several months to create a decent one if you don't know what you are doing.

lagg and Simulation_Player like this.
  10. lagg

lagg Registered

There are more F1 2022 cars. I know Formula Pro, SRHF1 and NRD, but for sure that there are more.
    Sorry, but that's not what i've said.
    People going from rF2 to ACC to drive F1?
    Does ACC have F1 cars?

11. Turbonetick

Turbonetick Registered

Robin “You are wrong about only being one single modder of F1 cars in rF2. Leagues such as FSR and GPVWC have had high downforce single seaters for years, mostly a new car for every season. “
    Sorry but I believe you’re wrong ,
    FSR because of the lack of mod went Fpro and Gpvwc where playing a modified version of 2020 Asm mod

lagg, post: “There are more F1 2022 cars. I know Formula Pro, SRHF1 and NRD, but for sure that there are more.”

Fpro is no F1 ,far from it ,
    SRHF1 played a 2020 Asm mod also ,

Sorry, but that's not what i've said.
    People going from rF2 to ACC to drive F1?
    Does ACC have F1 cars?[/QUOTE]
    Sorry , no Acc doesn’t I believe, only AC !

you see how limited F1 as become , it a shame!

12. Bernat

Bernat Registered

F1 fans will go to whatever game has the F1 license, won't they?

13. pace_car

pace_car Registered

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
    pace_car likes this.
  15. pace_car

pace_car Registered

16. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

Yes, FSR used the Formula Pro in 2022. Not for the reason you are stating, but they used it. For 2023 they will have a custom car from scratch that's loosely based on the real life 2022 regulations.
    I'm not certain which year you last tried a GPVWC car. I've made their cars since 2021 and I can assure you that they are made from scratch.

atomed likes this.
  17. Turbonetick

Turbonetick Registered

You seemed to know many things and yet we are still at the same place , no Friggin F1 mod , and If you produce Gpvwc 2022 mod , give the link i want to see your work !

18. Sergitroon

Sergitroon Registered

Lo malo es que si quieres recrear un campeonato offline de una temporada, solo tienes el mismo coche con una piel diferente, ¿no?

19. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

One thing though, modern F1 is very complex and im not even talking about hybrid systems here.
    Their Aero tricks , complex suspension & damping systems, all of these which rf2 simply can't replicate now.
    So adding such high tech car PROPERLY it would definitely need core physics improvements/new features otherwise adding modern F1 is pointless.
    Add hybrid systems on top of above, rf2 itself will require LOT of work just to simulate modern F1.

Don't get me wrong, i would love to see modern F1 (infact i would pay double the price of normal DLC car for it)
    but only if it is properly done, which is impossible with current rf2.

20. AMillward

AMillward Registered

It's a VERY good car. One of the best in rf2 and such a laugh to drive.

Damn, was hoping they'd stick with Fpro, would have signed up for next season :p

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022