FPS reduction at Race

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Stefan Wukovatz, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Stefan Wukovatz

Stefan Wukovatz Registered

The problem is the FPS reduction.
    It happens in Multi Racing, after the Server switch from Training/WarmUp to Qualy & Race.
    We are about 30 (+/-) people on the server.
    Let us say, I have around 140-180 FPS in our 2 week training sessions and also on the race day up to the Qualy&Race.
    In the Qualy&Race I have than 60 to 80 FPS.
    I don't talk about one race weekend.
    This year it is more worst than in the past and I had less problems with my old grafik card.

I have tried it also with AI with 46 drivers in Single Mode and I have ZERO problems with the FPS.

My actual Hardware (since Dez 2021)
    CPU i9-12900K
    GPU RTX 3080Ti

My old Hardware with less problems:
    CPU i7-4770K
    GPU RTX 2080Ti

Hope that Studio397 will read this Thread and hopefully work on it.

2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I don't run online so unable to help in that respect. If you are using video driver is earlier than 526.98 this possibly may be your problem, the drivers between 517.48 and 526.98 had a problem. I tried all of the drivers between these two versions, they all had the same problem. They would show 100% GPU usage in task manager even when you were on just on the desk top and when running the rF2 GPU usage would drop to about 7% for a split second about every 15 to 30 seconds. I run a 3080 card. Hope this may be of help

3. delapecs

delapecs Registered

I have had problems with frame drops from 117 to 40-60 fps and after doing all the tests you can imagine, in the end the problem is that my cpu and my gpu don't want to work at Pcie x16 Gen 3.0 anymore. Manually setting PCie x16 Gen 2.0 in BIOS has fixed my frame drop issues.
    Check it out to see if it can help you.

Edit: In the end the problem is the riser cable of my Thermaltake Core P3.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  4. Stefan Wukovatz

Thx for the replies, but as I have mentioned, it happens only ONLINE and in Qualy & Race.
    I got a feedback from my racing colleagues, that the issue is coming from rFactor2.

It is a mess, if each driver has to check in detail. That driver or this driver or old driver will work better as a newer one or that hardware or others.
    The software should tell us where someone has the bottleneck.
    It should work with newest hardware without any discussion. Similar to Playstation's or XBOX.
    The job has to be done by Studio397.

5. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

The with problem with the drivers wasn't with just rF2 it was with all games. No two PCs are the same so it's impossible for S397 or any software studio to account for every scenario. Playstation and XBox are fixed platforms so it's easy for them test games fully but they can also have problems sometimes, so you really can't compare the two. One of the biggest problems with PCs is that windows wants to install so much crap that runs in the background which you don't really need. A lot of people want to blame rF2 for their problems when it could be the way their PC is set up or maybe the software there running.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have also read that the latest Win11 update has had some big gaming issues with losses of fps for many types of games.

7. Stefan Wukovatz

If it would be a driver problem, than the problem would also exist offline.

8. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, often it's not the driver in fault but the "on the fly" updates by Windows.
    If not set well, Windows can decide to update the drivers of any resource you have on your PC.
    That's the way it is parameterized by default.
    Not mentioning some other software for GPUs doing the same by default ...

A good driver needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled properly. You need to take time for this.
    Most of the time, your games don't even need that last update.
    Update once or two time a year properly and by yourself or just never do it if not needed !

I recommand you to go and check http://christitus.com
    which talks about optimization of Windows for Gaming very wisely.
    Since i applied his method i have zero issues, no freezes and my all game are way smoother, even rF2.

His tools has evolved a bit but check this video :
    Try'n'see

;)