SOLVED Trouble with wheel and pedals.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Chuckk5086, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Chuckk5086

Chuckk5086 Registered

It seems to me that settings are not kept in the game. One minute my Thrustmaster T300 RS GT (blah blah) :) is working well the next it's not.
    At the moment if I start a race the game takes over the car after I put it in gear, the engine revs and the car drives out on its own straight into the barrier.
    When I go into Calibrate Controls I have to ensure the Thrustmaster wheel is selected, save the profile, then when I start the race the pedals don't work:(
    Am I doing something wrong? Have I clicked on the wrong setting or something?
    Any suggestions will be appreciated as I'm dying to start on my LFM races as it took me ages to qualify as a rookie:D
    Charles

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You have auto pit lane enabled. Go to the settings\Gameplay and turn off as many of the driver help options you can. Remember, with Auto Pitlane disabled, you have to drive yourself out and THEN TURN OFF THE PITLANE SPEED LIMITER manually. (when you reach the pit exit line) ABS & Traction Control are controlled inside the car.(unless you are a gamepad or keyboard driver and need those) Turn off auto start, Then make sure you assign keys for both ignition and starter. Auto Brake will hold your car at the starting position but you should be in the habit of holding the brake yourself. I only use the auto headlight and auto wiper commands to save the button assignments for other items.

Coutie likes this.
  3. Chuckk5086

Chuckk5086 Registered

Many thanks, davehenrie for the reply.
    I'm not having much luck. I've attached (I hope) some of the settings pages and I would be grateful if you would cast an eye over them to see if there are glaring errors that would stop my throttle from working. I've used the wizard and on Calibrate Controls I've assigned the throttle, brake etc. The throttle is calibrated as it shows the blue level rising and falling in "assign controls". I'm rather frustrated because the wheel works fine on ACC and ETS. I'd be grateful for any help you can give. Cheers

Attached Files:

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The calibration looks fine, and based on your description.

You don't need to load a profile every time - the bit that shows the name is blank until you load or save one, but your existing settings still exist. (If you load a profile you'll see its name; change to another screen and back and it's disappeared. That's ok) You don't need to load a profile at all in future, just start the game and play.

You have the aids off (good), controls are assigned (good), the calibration graphs look right and you say they move fine (good).

When you Drive during a single player practice session (so starting in the pits) what happens now?

Chuckk5086 likes this.
  5. Chuckk5086

Chuckk5086 Registered

Tks Lazza for the reply. I can press the buttons for ignition and start, put it gear but there's no throttle. Just reinstalled the game. Guess what, now the throttle is flat out when I'm not pressing and slows down when I press the throttle, so the complete opposite. Grrrrr

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Does the engine rev in neutral?

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Using Auto Clutch, you should rev the engine BEFORE engaging first. You have to give it some horsepower for the game to manage the clutch/rpm dance. So Vroom VROOM engage 1st gear.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What???

Kevin van Dooren likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

if he's sitting at idle and engaging 1st gear, many cars will stall before the engine can rev up. Getting the revs built up AS you engage 1st allows the engine enough grunt to get the car moving. Sorry for the techno speak in the previous post.. ;)

Chuckk5086 likes this.
  10. Chuckk5086

Chuckk5086 Registered

Yeeha, I've fixed it. Looking at the calibration setting the accelerator was moving in one block, from left to right,not the gradual increase it's supposed to do. I clicked on the sensitivity, (to be honest I'm not sure what I did), but after a couple of minutes, the maximum setting is on 100% and the blue line moves gradually up to 100%. Tested and it works! Thank you to all who gave suggestions, one happy little camper here.
    Cheers

davehenrie likes this.