How can I make a single AI car go faster?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThomasJohansen, Nov 21, 2022.

1. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

If racing with AI at 100% I want a single AI car go faster, not all of them. And dont wanna assign them another setup.

Can it be done in a team RCD file?

tried with "speed = 105.0"
    but didnt work.

any hints?

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Train just that driver. See * AI Learning - Step by Step Guide * | Studio-397 Forum

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If it is an un-encrypted mod, you could just reduce the weight of the one specific car by just a few kilos and the AI car will almost always be just that little bit faster than the rest of the AI controlled cars..

ThomasJohansen likes this.
  4. ThomasJohansen

@Emery thx, but AI drives ok, just want them to be 3-5 sec faster pr lap. Will look at your guide.
    @davehenrie good idea about weight, will try to lower the weight.

It annoys me that the LMH's are way slower than the Vanwall and Oreca. I want to bump up the speed of those LMH's when doing multiclass AI.

5. ThomasJohansen

Tried changing weight. up to 150 kg lighter on the Moyoda LMH, but still wasn't enough to cope with the Vanwall LMH, though close, but sideeffects are that both AI and me would be faster.
    I haven't tried training them, mainly because @Emery's guide mentions it would only make them faster at a specific track and not overall.
    I also tried to look at the tbc file to see If I could change radius on AI tires to have an effect but couldn't see the effect.
    If anyone have other suggestions on making only the AI faster on specific cars in a multiclass I would be interested to try it out.

6. hilde86

hilde86 Registered

Make 2 different upgrade.ini files, one for your car and one for all the AI cars. Put your upgrade.ini into the .veh file of your car and all other .veh files of the car mod get the AI upgrade.ini file.

7. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

@ThomasJohansen you can also increase power of cars via upgrade, paired with low weight that should do the trick.

8. ThomasJohansen

Can you be more specific to where I can increase power, and is it for AI only?
    I can only find an AI setting to decrease. (cant remember it here from work)

9. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

you will need to edit upgrade.ini file of car,then insert following lines :

HDV=[ENGINE]
    HDV=GeneralPowerMult*=1.1 (here u increase or decrease power, now original power is multiplied by 1.1, if u place 2.0 then power is multied by 2 and so on.)

and then do as @ hilde86 suggested