Porsche cup question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mesfigas, Nov 24, 2022.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Hello and good day :)
    guys please tell me if you know
    which version of porsche cup it is used in real life races
    the one with ABS or the non ABS version ?
    also if you know does the suspension is fixed or adjustable in real life races
    also in game we have the option to adjust the dampers
    does this happens in cup races in real life ? or is it fixed as a rule for the cup races and adjustable only for Endurance ?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I would think the answer to all your questions is ....both. What aids are allowed and what setup options are available would depend upon the rules of whichever CUP series the car was participating in. If you are concern solely about the NLS Ring Racing, then you should be able to look up their rulebook to determine whether, for example, ABS is allowed. .

3. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@davehenrie i watch the imsa youtube channel a lot which broadcast pcup races like this one

and i always wonder about the rules and specs of those cars about traction and suspensions etc

4. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

That's right. They use different versions. The most difficult without ABS and TC is the Mobil1 Porsche SuperCup that is a support race of F1, but there are a lot of Porsche Cup Competitions over the world and most uses Endurance version with ABS

mesfigas likes this.
  5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Miquel Ramos thanks mate
    so different Cup competition use different rules
    thats interesting.
    thanks a lot

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

From what I have found this morning in reference to the Porsche Carrera Cup series. The 991 variant of the car had the option for ABS, the Masters used it, the Pros did not. But now with the 992, all cars are delivered from the factory with ABS and therefore all drivers now use it. (this also backdates to anyone still using the 991.) Brake Pads can only be the factory installed units, replaced with the same factory parts.
    Transmission is sealed and not adjustable.
    There are some differential Ramp setting adjustments.
    Ground Clearance is 72mm front and 106mm rear measured at the MOUNTING BOLT HEAD. (I thought that was hilarious!)
    Very few parts can be swapped out, almost all have to use official Porsche supplied parts.

mesfigas likes this.
  7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

also the use of clutch on those cars is very interesting cause so far i understand that is a part of handling
    mostly for down shifting
    my experience are only from ac acc and rf2
    rf2 is the most difficult and feels like needs a good timing on clutch sometimes
    heel and toe