Released Caterham Academy

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Still... It's not a good message.
    upload_2022-9-16_19-50-4.png

solerpalau likes this.
  2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Thanks, I forgot about that.

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  3. Craig Waddell

Craig Waddell Registered

Is it just me or has the manual gearshift issue still not been fixed i.e. shifting down from 4th to 2nd etc i.e. skipping gear during downshift just doesn't work?

Other than downshifting through every gear, is there a workaround?

sk8 and OneMoreOdd like this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There's been no updates, so no change. I don't think I've seen any statements on whether it's a bug or intended. I also haven't tested the available parameters to try and guess if it's deliberate or a malfunction.

5. Craig Waddell

Craig Waddell Registered

Thanks for the quick reply, I've not used Rf2 for a few weeks but assumed that there would have been some early bug fixes.

I would think that with it being a manual box then the behaviour is a bug rather than an intended feature.

6. BorisK66

BorisK66 Registered

Sad. This bug should be corrected as soon as possible. Otherwise a lot is lost in the feeling.

sk8, avenger82 and pilAUTO like this.
  7. sk8

sk8 Registered

The car is fantastic to drive apart from the gearbox issue. Please devs!

BorisK66 likes this.
  8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I gave the updated Caterham a go to see if the windshield bug is solved. But I still get a reflective milky windshield once a I get visual damage. Somehow there is still an issue with the damage shader interfering with the windshield.

9. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Quoted from Paul Jeffreys yesterday "For the shifter it's a known bug, just not yet resolved"

sk8 likes this.
  10. Havner

Havner Registered

I'll add one more to the mix: the auto blip option on this car doesn't work.

"Whether to automatically blip with manual shifting but auto-clutch (non-semiautomatic trans only)"

Sequential shifter + auto clutch + auto blip: downshifting entering a corner -> rear wheels locked.
    Without auto clutch, using clutch with heel and toe -> no issue.

This is the only car that I know that behaves this way (as if auto blip was always turned off).

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The amount of auto blip is defined within the car files. Requiring some manual blip even when using sequential may be a design choice.

12. Havner

Havner Registered

If that is the case that is a stupid design choice. Give an option to player to auto blip to make them manually blip anyway.

Could you point me to that definition? I'll try to make myself a mod to fix that.

EDIT: I presume it's that:
    Code:
    DownshiftBlipThrottle=0.86     // Amount of throttle used to blip if controlled by game (instead of player)
    Would it be possible to make an upgrade with this variable in veh/upgrade file?
    Like this:
    Code:
        UpgradeLevel="blablabla"
       {
           HDV=[DRIVELINE]
           HDV=DownshiftBlipThrottle=0.86
       }

EDIT2: I made the update, it was visible in the car settings, selected it but it didn't change the behaviour. So either this variable cannot be changed or the issue is elsewhere. I used 0.86 value from SkipBarber.

EDIT3: HA! But I made an upgrade with more variables from SkipBarber and it fixed the issue. Don't know which one it was related to but I'd guess something like: DownshiftClutchTime? Or something similar. Probably the timings were too short somewhere and the AutoBlip had no time to kick in? Just a guess work on my part as I'm not really into modding RF2, but I managed to "fix" that. Better than nothing I guess.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There are a few settings that can influence it, yeah.

I think we have differing views on design choice. If a car is only manual in real life, and I know that, obviously, someone driving it auto still has a brake and throttle pedal, I might well choose to make them blip a bit anyway to help capture the experience of the car. If they want to drive like it's a GT3, they can drive a GT3.

Anyway, good we have ways to do almost anything with rF2...

14. Havner

Havner Registered

This argument would only make sense it there was no "Auto Blip" option. But there is. And it's for this specific purpose, together with Auto Lift and Auto Clutch, to be able to drive such Caterham like GT3 car. And it's useless for this car, while not useless for other cars with manual shifter. I'd call it poor testing/QA that's obvious throughout RF2.

And this behaviour wasn't made with DownshiftBlipThrottle which would probably be done when someone had similar design choice intention to your reasoning.

15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I love to blip manually in some cars, it adds realism and challenge to the driving...

16. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Wow. I've never thought of that before. I usually use my feet for blipping :)

17. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Language bug... Manually = By yourself

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  18. Havner

Havner Registered

So do I, when I choose to. But guess what, there is an option not to. And I'd prefer it worked. For those days when I don't.

19. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Love this car but it's been a handful for me so far. Really want to run the Rookie Comp System but feel I may be a moving obstacle. Anyone have a stable setup that they are willing to share in Remco's Setup section? Merci.

Flatspotter likes this.
  20. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Still...