Ordering Grids by class

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Miquel Ramos, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

I found that when you do some multiclass race offline or online, there are cars that due to invalid laps, or they did a bad lap or we got some penalty, faster cars are behind or between a lot of slower cars on the grid. So, that is easily causing problems in the start of the race.
    Then I think rF2 should always order grids by class as in the real life. I know that when there is an admin, they can change the order, but by default it should be ordered by class.
    Please developers, take a look on that

2. lagg

lagg Registered

There are touring races in real life where the grid is not sorted by class.
    It would be good to add this feature as option.

McFlex likes this.
  3. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Sure. Today it can only be done by an admin and the batch command to reset grid positions ... That's why most servers use Warmup in fact to get some time to modify manually a file ini and set positions correctly ...
    Can work also to "ban" a pilot to the end of the grid, whatever class he is in.

4. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Not mentionning full yellow that is probably also badly managed ... It should set positions by classes and wave around automatically lower classes to avoid mixed restarts wrecks ... not realistic but better for a video game.

I just realized there is probably some plugin doing that kind of thing. I will check on that ...

There are lots of obscures functions in plugins like the setmass almost hidden in the Welcome Plugin ... that majority of people didn't know imo.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  5. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

I agree maybe could be by default an as option without class order.
    And it could be a good moment to solve some issues that Safety Car has now. In fact, I proposed to include a Virtual SC option. These kind of things could do rF2 an amazing Simulator. There are a lot of leagues that uses Code 80

lagg and DanRZ like this.
  6. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Code 80 ? What is that ?

7. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

It's a Virtual Safety Car, but it would nice if that could be managed by the server and the admin, for example a message that says in 5 seconds you should go to 80km/h maximum and autocatically put penalties if you are up this velocity

DanRZ likes this.