Released Hotfix 2 Q4 2022 Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 16, 2022.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I haven't used LFM, but if I were conducting a BETA program, I would attempt to find the minimum server specifications as well as the preferred specs. To do that, you would host sessions with throttled bandwidth, or servers without the most robust cpus etc. When the complaints roll in, you know what performance levels you need to maintain.

Deleted member 58016 and Emery like this.
  2. I assume he means "browsing" the setup folder(s), but if so this is a client related problem often caused by a lot of directory or file entries existing in the current (just the moment opened) folder.

This is quiet normal and happens in other applications, too.

There are points which can be mentioned with the rF2 dedicated server, but from my point of view it is pretty stable even if there are network problems.

And I do not know why people always complain about the yellow cars - I think the default key is 'L' for loading skins immediately without entering the pits and on the other handside it is a little funny seeing them around :)

lagg likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Prior to the yellow cars, there would be a tiny bit of screen freeze whenever a car joined an online session. It became second nature to stop your hands for that instant when the message box indicated another car loading. Quite fun during cornering. I REALLY am getting overwhelmed by 'this breaks immersion, or that breaks immersion.'

4. I know about that and as I wrote - sure we can sum up some points or let's call it disadvantages etc. of the dedicated server, but an advantage is that you can join a session whenever you want - most sims require to join the lobby.

And as it is a known behavior of the dedicated server we have the possibility to allow joining during training only e.g. - and in training sessions I would say it is acceptable.

lagg likes this.
  5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It’s only me or anyone else think that the BMW brake is very weak?! Even putting it to 100% ..

6. Herve_Versabeau

Herve_Versabeau Registered

Modify brake bias

7. Herve_Versabeau

Herve_Versabeau Registered

8. Alexandre Bauer

Alexandre Bauer Registered

But do it starts with rain tires at rainy conditions? Because here it do not, try Nissan GT500.