AIW Editing crashes the ModDev

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by redapg, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Are you able to outline steps absolutely? Or record a video? You can DM me it if you prefer. Thanks.

2. Garitt Gibsn

Garitt Gibsn Registered

OK, but unfortunately not until tomorrow

3. Garitt Gibsn

Garitt Gibsn Registered

Hello @Alex Sawczuk , AIW started this morning. This time it worked without crashing. Therefore no video. If something happens, I'll let you know.

redapg likes this.
  4. redapg

redapg Registered

I will have to make a complete new AIW in the next Days too and will use the default Build (None), to see, if Problems appear.

5. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

We have some reports of crashes and minidmps internally. We will review those. It does seem sometimes it does not crash, it did not when I tested the fix, but obviously there are still some cases missing.

6. redapg

redapg Registered

I will report, if something will not work as it should. ;)
    At least the previous-release Build still seems to work properly for AIW Editing.

7. Corti

Corti Registered

I have created an AIW from scratch these days and without problems at the moment

8. redapg

redapg Registered

I've made a quick Test and adding Main, Pit and Pit Extension Pathes works properly, without a Crash, again.
    So far, so good. :)
    But it seems as if the "normalize Curve" Calculation Algorithm foe the FASTEST, LEFT, ... is still "damaged".
    For Example, in the Past, at the XFinish Object, where you always have an Offset on the Pathes, you could mark ~ 15 Waypoints in Front and ~ 15 Waypoints behind of that Offset, click normalize Curve and the AI didn't slow down there anymore.
    Now this doesn't work anymore in that Way.
    I had to do it in several Steps, with selecting only a few Waypoints and doing the normalize Curve or normalize Curve (legacy) or normalize Curve Radius, with linear and non-linear Interpolation enabled, to see what gives the best Result.
    And it also seems that the smooth Connection of the marked Waypoints to the next unselected Waypoints, also doesn't work well.

EDIT I forgot: tested with default/opted out Build and complete fresh ModDev, incl. UserData Folder

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    Corti likes this.
  9. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

Hi I did have issues creating padlock corridors. Modev crashed when tryin to follow one of such corridors to exit the pitlane.

10. redapg

redapg Registered

Currently, i would recommend to use the "previous release" Build for AIW Editing, where the AIW Editor still seems to work properly.

Garitt Gibsn likes this.
  11. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I recorded some additional garage spots and also a new extension to 1st pit path for the old Bathurst today. I took me 5 or 6 attemps to save the AIW because Moddev crashed every time.

The crashing of moddev in context with pit line editing exist for me since i do AIW editing. Never had a stable moddev

12. redapg

redapg Registered

Hello Manfred,
    so there must be something else, that causes Problems on different Machines.
    I never before did have these Problems, until the last Update of the Game and i also do the rF2 AIW Editing since the rF2 ModDev was introduced.
    And as said, for me, the previous-release Build AIW Editor still seems to work properly.
    What i don't understand, because i, of course, don't know the Games Code, is, that so often Things, that work properly, get corrupted, when other Things have been fixed in a new Update.