A request/suggestion for S397.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Simulation_Player, Nov 9, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

absolutely let them take a brake, this is more of a post brake request. lots of things done in 2022 for rf2.

2. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

3. Simulation_Player

@Eric Rowland i watched the video but i couldn't see how it is relevant to this thread , maybe i misunderstood something ?
    No disrespect intended to be clear.

TrigMan59 and Eric Rowland like this.
  4. lagg

lagg Registered

The video speaks about the evolution of rF2 the last times and this is directly related with the outdated content.
    The more rF2 evolves, the more outdated is the existing content.

5. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

No disrespect taken SP...
    I just thought this video would be interesting from the perspective of an experienced simmer who has recently found rF2 to be an enjoyable experience....

pkelly, Simulation_Player and lagg like this.
  6. Simulation_Player

rf2 gained lot of ground in 2022 , hope they keep it up. the base sim has potential that no other sim has, especially now that they have added few more features.

7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

That's the thing. If they are going to update all the outdated content before the next q pack, that would mean they completely miss a q with new content. That is the stupidest thing they could do.

What would make it much more realistic is to make a smaller q pack, and then update the content alongside. That would mean they'd still hit the release schedule and the old content gets updated quicker.

Ideally they'd update the gt3 cars right before they start the popular gt challenge series again. That would mean though they'd have to update the Cs as well before that (can't have many more problems than there already were).

marmagas likes this.
  8. Simulation_Player

we don't long it would take to up all dlc content.surely gt3s is biggest work.
    speaking of missing a Q pack , is it necessary to have 4 packs per year ?
    this is genuine question.

I totally understand that missing new content would not make sense, but maybe we can get good chunk of the old paid content completely updated, i will be happy with that too.

9. Would be the right attempt in a way, but I think it would end up in a "car by car" update - so in the end they should not release any updated car before e.g. all GT3 cars have been updated.

I stick to my first post: let them take a break. :)

10. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Since its their update schedule, yes. And with the amount of content that is in each Q pack, it also shows that they have the ability to shift resources from there to updating older content.

We all know MSG needs income to stay afloat, and this is the rF2 way without a sub model.

About the knowing how long it would take to update all the dlc, its estimateable. What will have to be updated is physics and the model. The amount of cars that release per pack is 2/3 most of the time. There are 13(?) ish gt3 cars in rF2 now. Lets say they have that many resources they have on new cars on updating the GT3 pack, and you take the higher number and use half the dev time, you'd still need 2 quarters to update FOR JUST the GT3 pack. You said you wanted all the content to be updated, yea, never gonna happen, and definitely not by halting new content completely.

11. lagg

lagg Registered

Those of us who don't like GT3s are screwed :D
    I like the Clio, Megane, F2 , 70s F1, 90s F1, FISI, FR3.5, USF, Tatuus... :oops:

Rui Santos likes this.
  12. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

There are about 60 official cars since 2016 created by S397.

I prefer a thousand times that they update this car content as a priority, even if it strongly constrains the creation of new cars for 6 or 9 months.

By update I speak primarily of the physics part, as usual people have too much concern for graphics and sound.

Physics is by far the priority.

Anyway S397 will do as they want, right.

People are fed up with unfinished products that's all I can say.

Rui Santos likes this.
  13. Simulation_Player

That seems good estimate on how lonh it would take.
    i also think it might be faster to upgrade old dlc content than produce new cars but that's just an assumption.
    Well lets see how they do it.
    Currently one problem is that they are not completely updating one car at a time, porsche cup only has tender springs rest of the features missing.
    I atleast hope when they upgrade, they do it fully on a give car.

14. Simulation_Player

I would also love marussia remastered to all latest tech and some others too.
    sadly these super old content is free and probably not even on list.
    when even paid dlc content is missing updates. old workshop content is very unique.

lagg likes this.
  15. sg333

sg333 Registered

The GTE cars on the new tires with the newest tech are phenomenal. This is why so many of us are screaming out for the GT3 cars to be updated and/or newer models. I am loving the BTCC cars also, but there's no reason we cant/shouldnt *also* have GT3 cars even though every other sim already does them.

TrigMan59 likes this.
  16. gianluca

gianluca Registered

The Clio, the Megane, the Civic, the Formula 2 and Formula Renault and at least one of the 1960 Formula cars. These should have priority. It's good content for multiplayer (and I don't play multiplayer), they are free and they are good in every GT and F1 circuit. And they deserve some love: it's the original content.

The next killer pack for the game should be the old touring cars: Audi A4, Alfa 156, BMW 320i of the ESTC (the European Super Touring Championship). This would become by far the most popular DLC of the game.
    They could bring also the other cars too, if they like.

Rui Santos likes this.
  17. basil_fawlty

basil_fawlty Registered

That revenue is only generated by new content is not a proper answer. Most major classes were already done. People want quality GT3, not Japanese Junior Female F3.

18. lagg

lagg Registered

Yes. That's a problem.

19. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

So you'd want a subscription model?