Released Q4 2022 Update and Content Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 7, 2022.

1. finitol

finitol Registered

Ha ha ha..... sure!
    But, a little teaser will be so sexy.....

2. xeroborn

xeroborn Registered

Strangely, I had that VR bug on the BMW Cup car on Windows 11. When I did a fresh Windows 10 install (fed up with 11's BS), the VR issue was gone. I use WMR/OpenXR/Reverb G2. I've ran a few laps with the Vanderwall and not had any issues there either.

3. Michael Woller

Michael Woller Registered

I have crazy amount of understeering at new Bahrain.

Setup Changes didnt solve the issue.

Tried with Prototypes Oreca 07, Rebellion R13, BR Engineering BR1 :(

Is this a Bug?

4. Ike Tews

Ike Tews Registered

Complain about the transaktion via steam and tell them, that the track is missing in the pack which you've bought. Had the same issue. Over night they gave my money back and i bought the pack again. Watch out before buying 2nd time that all content is listed before klick on the final button to pay

5. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Hmm this is interesting as I've never updated to Windows 11, im still on 10 here.

6. trichens

trichens Registered

I'm too busy looking at what's going on in front of me :D

7. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

It's sad how long bugs are allowed to survive in rf2. I only started noticing it last week tho.
    Same goes for me mate, still on 10.

8. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Ok my RF2 install has been doing some strange stuff tonight. If I drive a track, leave go into another screen (graphics settings or something like that) then come back to the race page, its showing a different track than the one I just drove and i've not selected anything different.

Also when I booted it up lat it did its updates search and then updated and installed about 165 packages, took ages, must be everything ive got, even mods got updated. No idea why it did this, maybe a steam issue i dont know.

9. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Feck its doing it all over again! Just booted up and its doing it again, what the heck is going on!?

Can't skip the updates either so im gunna be stuck sat here for 15mins whilst it installs everything

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

At least the update process has been sped up a little bit. I'm guessing some json file got corrupted during a post race save. Good first step is always renaming the player.json or the entire Userdata folder. Good luck!

Martin Vindis likes this.
  11. Magus

Magus Registered

Yes I can confirm this too.

12. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i felt the same thing lately and i m not sure what is happening with the grip
    but maybe i m doing something wrong

Michael Woller likes this.
  13. I have checked the options and there is "default", "relaxed", "strict" and "none" - right? So to stick to it, "relaxed" does not make that much difference to "default" to me; maybe it is more realistic, but I have driven Spa right before the update and got no penalty - driving after / with update I am happy to complete 3 of 5 laps without a penalty :-/

The value for "relaxed" in multiplayer seems to be "3" (as the DS UI has a pull down menu for it that value is applied to json file).

I assume "default" is "normal", so question: is there any way to have the track cut points system also in training, qualifying and warmup?

14. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

It's been a very good year for S397.
    First, we got the new UI. It's not perfect, but it is consistent. This build added the Store. Wouldn't have been my choice to do, but I suppose it does help accessibility to content for many. So now, the glaring hole in the Ui front is the Competition System, which uses the old paradigm.
    Second, we started to get improvements to base game play, including to AI. There's lots of bugs and omissions to work on here, but at least a start has been made. I'd also say the new tire dynamics are better, and they've added things like the tender springs. Also, we got an unexpected sound module replacement, and I'd say its a big improvement over the old one, even if we still await many cars having the new sounds.
    Third, we've seen a big acceleration in terms of content. Some of this is a fallout from MSGS not being able to deliver on the console side. This means we've gotten BTCC and IndyCar here for rF2, which we would not have predicted.
    This is worth breaking down into more detail, for future priority. In my mind, its worth doing BTCC first. I make it 3 tracks and 3 cars left. That's probably 2 builds. WEC only needs 1 track, hopefully that can be done within these same 2 builds, or it needs to be postponed for quite some time for reasons I'll get to. The problem then becomes the LMH/LMDh cars, of which there are many (up to 10), which really need to be in place by 2024; these all need some form of hybrid which needs code development to do. The problem is, they also need to do all of the IndyCar tracks by the end of 2023, and that's a massive job. I know, different teams between cars and tracks. But those IndyCar tracks are monsters. Long Beach, Toronto, St Pete for the ones likely to remain on the schedule, and all are super hard. One per build is probably the best pace they can manage. I think they may have the assets for Texas oval from the Ignition game, so maybe that'll be quicker. Not so with Iowa. Plus they'll need 2023 paints/liveries for the IR18 in order to do some esports events. And finally, there is the Gen3 FE car to squeeze in.
    Let's hope 2023 is as good a year as this one was.

GeraArg, Manfredk2, pkelly and 3 others like this.
  15. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

Q4 and no Hybrids... :(

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There won't be hybrids until there are hybrids. Might be Q1 2023, might be Q3 2027.

17. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

In terms of pure physics functionality, what bothers me most is that we have very good and even very recent cars with a manual gearbox, which frankly is very poorly managed by the game.

Apparently, even if nothing perfect in the material cannot be possible, we can clearly do better, at the software level, as evidenced by other simulations.

The Caterham and the mini deserve it in particular.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  18. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Word from Mr @Paul Jeffrey "For the shifter it's a known bug, just not yet resolved." So seems its getting, or going to be resolved! I have faith in what this man says, and he said this on Tuesday in this thread, so thats a good sign!

pilAUTO likes this.
  19. lagg

lagg Registered

20. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I've found the odd issue which are still inherent to the sim (although with the current rate of progress I would'nt be surprised if they're not there for much longer), but i've really been enjoying the new content over the last few days!
    The track surface's are just amazing, and Bahain at night, wow! BMW is great, and even though the Infinity and the Beamer are so similar, the Beamer just seems to have the edge on the Infinity in terms of handling. Bravo S397, looking forward to a bright future for RF2!

Also I think I may have found the most fun Combo ever! Its at the most controversial track (which i am very glad they included in the drop!) using a petrolhead car! Skip to 57:31 in the video, its a hoot!