Released Q4 2022 Update and Content Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 7, 2022.

1. darkojovanoski1986

darkojovanoski1986 Registered

many users have this issue. it's also discussed in steam under discussions tab

2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Another proof that the real beta test starts at the moment you unleash your major patch/content to hordes of eager simracers that will break stuff in imaginative ways never envisioned...

3. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

This means it's not possible to use that track online with any new players in the future? (Monaco)

R.Noctua likes this.
  4. Leynad

Leynad Registered

LFM doesn't work anymore with this update. WTF? Are you stupid enough to kill LFM-support? Your competition-system is a joke in comparison and burn this BS.

5. JamesB

JamesB Registered

For gods sake use your brain. When LFM update their servers it will work again. Give yourself a break from being an idiot.

6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Or install the previous version from the Betas tab in Steam properties to keep playing until the servers are updated.

7. Leynad

Leynad Registered

You need the new BMW BTCC to access their servers, so they should be already up to date and you are on the BS-side.

Has anybody tested this build? The BMW BTCC makes very strange noises around Croft here that sound like an iron horse. Not playable.

8. JamesB

JamesB Registered

The car content does NOT mean that the exe version has to be the same. You can still have the cars and tracks but run the same version that their servers are... .I refer you to my previous post....

9. Leynad

Leynad Registered

If LFM is able to update the DLC-requirements I assume they are also able to express the need of activating the old version if you are right, and that's why you are wrong.

PS: The horse-noises seems probably meant to be turbo-exhaust noises and please fix this because it's awful and awkward.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
  10. JamesB

JamesB Registered

How about you try it.........

11. Goanna

Goanna Registered

There was a hotfix this morning affecting the Toyota, which LFM have now applied and their servers are working….

12. Leynad

Leynad Registered

rF2-version.jpg
    Nice try, but seems others doesn't have the same problem. Looks like rF2 wants me to fresh install this game every quarter at least...
    But for the future: If you don't know shit, don't f-ing answer.

13. Goanna

Goanna Registered

With your attitude it's a wonder anyone helps....problem is your end... right click on rF2 in steam library, select properties=> Betas tab and select "None"

Maddin71287 likes this.
  14. Leynad

Leynad Registered

What goes around, comes around and this forum seems poisoned by fanboys that can't stand critic about their beloved game, which I also love btw, but the bugs I have are again not acceptable and avoidable if there would be a proper QC.

15. Goanna

Goanna Registered

upload_2022-11-8_10-30-0.png
    So is this your way of calling me an idiot, twice I've tried to help you now, won't happen again....

16. Leynad

Leynad Registered

I haven't meant you, but "JamesB", obviously. I had more trouble with rF2 this year than the years before and people are telling me here it's my fault, but it's the missing QC. If they break the game for me every 3 months, I'm probably not alone with that.

17. Caio Fonseca

Caio Fonseca Registered

Change from the RC version and come back again and the game will work. That's how I did it and it worked.

darkojovanoski1986 likes this.
  18. Caio Fonseca

Caio Fonseca Registered

I wanted to know how to fix the problem that the AI has in some lanes where it brakes too late and ends up losing control of the car.

19. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

Log out of STEAM. Turn your computer off ( that is the most important step in this walkthrough ) :rolleyes: Have a beer.:D Get some sleep. And then tomorrow, turn the computer back on. Log into STEAM. Launch the GAME..this is a game after all.. and enjoy everything working as it should. All will be fine. :cool:

Emery and Alnorate like this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The way rF2 is designed, every time they add new features, a new version number is required. That is not breaking the game but it can cause online version mis-matches as several users here have stated. Usually all that is required is some time for Steam and the servers to fully communicate which versions are being used. Problems do occur often with updates, most were corrected within the last week with the release candidate which is now the full release.

Emery likes this.