FFB settings General UI screen/ Per car

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by nolive721, Nov 5, 2022.

Tags:
  1. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

I am sorry if this has been discussed to death and if that sounds dumb but I am still unclear at the FFB settings in the new UI

My default settings in the general UI screen are (I won a TS PC racer belt driven wheel)
    Smoothing 4
    FFB multiplier

When I am ready to start a race with say BMW M4 Class1 and find my wheel bit too grainy/notchy with this car, I would increase the smoothing.
    When I ma ready to start a race with say AM GT3 mod Z4, I decreased the FFB multiplier

So what I have noticed is when I change to another car, the smoothing remains as per the previous car but FFB multiplier goes back to 100%
    Same seems to apply in the General UI screen

Is that normal like the way RF2 works?
    Or is there a way to save FFB per car so the General UI settings remain as per my default and this default applies as well if I change to another car?

Its 8AM over here in Japan, hopefully I am making my questions clear:oops:

thanks a lot

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yes, the Smoothing is a general setting while the FFB Multiplyer is specific to EACH SKIN even if they are the same car. For Instance, the Indycar IR18. If you drive the #1 car and adjust the FFB Multiplayer, then either reload another car or come back at some later date and choose.... the #15 car, you again will have to adjust your FFB Multiplyer. Every car has it's own setting for the FFB M.
    There is a text file you can edit, something like allcars list....that contains the FFB lines for every car. You can use Find & Replace in a text editor to change all the lines that refer to(as in the above Indycar example) all the IR18 cars. I think I tried that once and didn't get the results I was looking for. I've generally just started paying attention to that FFB option whenever I choose a car.

nolive721 likes this.
  3. redapg

redapg Registered

Some Time ago, i did add a Tool to my Website that is doing that, maybe it worths a Try. :)

davehenrie and nolive721 like this.
  4. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

thank you Dave, getting more clear now. its quite cumbersome though

davehenrie likes this.
  5. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

thanks, I will look into this tool indeed

6. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Awesome Redapg! Thank you.

redapg likes this.