SOLVED stutter with new hardware

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by AlexHeuskat, Nov 1, 2022.

1. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I have now i9 13900K + rtx 4090, and the game stutters like hell, it's not smooth, I use triple 1440p.
    The replay seems smooth.
    ACC or AMS2 and Dirt rally 2.0 are perfectly smooth,so I guess the issue is in rFactor 2.
    My old 9900K + 3080 were smooth.
    I pass this game until a fix

EDIT : if I use my personnal build backup from september, I have +10 fps.....and less stutter.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  2. If rF2 has not been installed new I would recommend to start with deleting the localstorage folder in order to delete any caches - or you can wait.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

What is there to fix? It ran before, it runs for others, so rather than sort out YOUR system you expect the devs to recode the entire program. Not to worry though, there are plenty of other titles, as you mentioned. Best of luck!

4. Bernat

Bernat Registered

By your own reasoning, the issue is in your new build. It worked well with the older one. Anyway, I see a worse problem in your attitude. You're not even asking for help. Bye.

5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Can you help me ?
    I think the replay seems smooth, and I feel like a vsync gsync issue in the gameplay.
    Long time ago, the replay was not smooth, and it was the same feeling.

6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

8. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

SOLVED guys I have found the fix !
    I'm back in the game !

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You're going to give more details, right?

*but hey, I'm happy for you, and I'm happy for us.

10. Beef36

Beef36 Registered

I have no idea what your PC's issue is, but I've had rFactor 2 issues with my new PC with a RTX 3090. I don't have a solution for mine, but it may be a combination of Windows 11 and running a 4th monitor on the Intel GPU.

Whenever an application displays active telemetry in the 4th monitor (eg SimHub, Z1 Dashboard), Windows 11's "Desktop Windows Manager" spikes, causing rF2 to stutter.

Given I'm running the latest Bios, Nvidia and Intel graphics drivers, right now I'm thinking the issue is Windows 11 as I never had an issue on my old gaming PC which ran Windows 10 and an identical setup.

11. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Yes sorry, I have forgotten to say the solution I have found :
    - I used Windows 10, Nvidia driver 522.47, and they had before an known issue with GSYNC and VSYNC causing lags/stutters.

I have switched to Windows 11, and I have a slight performance boost (5%?), and the best : NO MORE stutter/lags.

with 4090 and i9 13900K I suggest for the users to switch to WINDOWS 11. (For the moment I have not tested all my others games, but rFactor 2 works only with Windows 11 for me)

edit : I have again some lags/stutters but it's playable :)

edit 2 : Disable Full screen Optimisation has fixed the last few lags/stutters. Now it's 100% smooth

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
    DJCruicky likes this.
  12. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I use vocore screen with Simhub and I have no issue now, your problem seems different from mine, maybe I can help :

- use lastest Nvidia driver, with a DDU clean before
    - Disable optimisation fullscreen
    - I Have seen many 'Desktop Manger' issues on internet but for the moment I have not this one.