[REL] Solitude

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Mauro, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Xzanman

Xzanman Registered

A very enjoyable track to drive, are there any plans to fix the multi player green tint issue? Someone posted a possible fix for this issue above.

Mauro likes this.
  2. enduser

enduser Registered

Very enjoyable track thanks for your work!
    However some glaring issues are foliage , crowd and fence collision meshes. All foliage + crowd needs t1 stamp vertex (which is not only for billboard objects) , all foliage means trees , bushes , grass blades (bushes/grass t1 stamp vertex no shadow) & tree walls. For the crowd i hope u can find a 397 mat , isn't it shared taken from belgium 66 ? Ask them and try copying mats from there. Road texture is very nice but at the starting grid it becomes blurry , plus the tdf file & road feedback , u should take notes also from tracks like belgium 66 , not completely smooth to supper high freq bump fdbk it feels fake.

Theres also a shadow only in the road after t3 without any object there...

For trees i can help with some bump t1 stamp vertex files that looks much better then plain t1 , maybe i rework them but the main texture is also low res...

I also have some custom made high res historical sponsors already , like cola , champion , bosch spark plugs banner with bump file etc. so ask me any time glad to help!

If with rain road looks dark , u need brighter alpha map in ch1 (main road map) , it needs to be average gray , u can read the track cheat sheet, then adjust main map again if needed.

Sry i m a bit anal! but its a track that deserves it and u can expect a beer worth of paypal money for making it a really proper 2022 track!

Eric Rowland, vava74, Mulero and 2 others like this.
  3. Mauro

Mauro Registered

A nice video from Solitudering today

Eric Rowland and Mulero like this.
  4. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

Hi
    be my guest to improve whatever you feel. I'm not a graphic designer in fact I am all the time in trouble with the textures, my scene is doing the track and the environment, painting it with the best textures I found likely the best to dress it around, of course that brings to the point that I can't find or do better than that. If you intend to do it please go ahead with that and when you have it just let me know so we can try it and upload it if that is the case.

Eric Rowland, vava74, philrob and 2 others like this.
  5. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

It seems you are not interested "enduser" I'm doing a track of the old Nurburgring 1966 maybe is more likely your taste to help with the textures, if so just let me know.

Mauro likes this.
  6. Mauro

Mauro Registered

From enduser profile:

“enduser was last seen: Oct 31, 2022”

i think he haven’t see your message.
    I send him a private message (with email notification)

7. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

And the improved version of the video :)

Mauro likes this.
  8. enduser

enduser Registered

Oh , i expected a pm but anyway... i get an error with uploading here so here's a dropbox link with cola & martini sponsor files with layers , u can export them in bc7 with somehitng like paint.net.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/trxhi3lhnyvp73y/Desktop.7z?dl=0

Use the layers if u want to build other sponsors , i m not a graphic designer myself but its relatively easy , many textures will do as long as u turn them into gray scale and blend with ur textures , even if u stop and stare it looks just like wear n tear like a wall or board exposed to all kinds of weather. Sponsors u must google and download hi res logo files , most of them are there...

Thing with overlays is that it may look too rough in direct light but barely visible without (that's with oldish DDS format tbh and much better without) so im not an expert too , its just trial n error for me + a lil bit of experience.

Btw i didnt say i'll do anything!! It takes a lot of time for a project that is not mine to even take credit for... but if u read the track cheat sheet these fixes are easy.

First of all u must fix the black road patch after turn 3 , probably u must re-apply the texture something which i can't do with 3d simed , then maybe i can help a bit but i can't promise anything!

9. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

It's fine thanks.
    "First of all u must fix the black road patch after turn 3" I don't really understand if you're saying there is a patch in the road or if there is something wrong with the road showing a black patch. The second option I can't see any patch in the road, for the first option I have to see it in a picture or video from that time. So if you can show me that I'll appreciate.

10. enduser

enduser Registered

This is it[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

Thanks. This probably was in the last update and I haven't noticed it I'll fix it with an update.

12. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

Updated workshop thanks enduser :)

13. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    Corti and pascom like this.
  14. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

It's always better that someone else do it. It's more intense and people in general see it in a different way. If the author do it there's a feeling that he is exhibiting and in my point of view is not my beach I preferred all my life the anonymaty in general I do this tracks initially for me but I have no problem at all that others can take them to get fun, that is why I normally don't care (as I did before when I was payed to do them) with the looking). The games are for a few years and they will be forgotten afterwards. Suprisingly there are some tracks I did for some games that they were converted for rFactor2 (I can review it in some details and because I still have the max file of it) that someone converted from games like RACE or GTR2 from SIMBIN. Anyway that is not the way I want to be seen but I appreciate if you can do it if you feel like.

philrob, Corti, gianluca and 5 others like this.
  15. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

Fixed the greenish when racing online. Update in the workshop.

Xzanman, Hazi, vava74 and 7 others like this.