LFM in Rfactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dav_0075, Oct 4, 2022.

1. jonathon.bisset

jonathon.bisset Registered

Tbh even the practice servers are so active it makes practice better too

2. Anthony Lineberry

Anthony Lineberry Registered

This! It's been nice not just being all by myself hot lapping :D

Ricardo Diz and jonathon.bisset like this.
  3. justposted

justposted Registered

I'm actually rather surprised by how little the numbers have grown. Maybe the same players who were always there are now on multiplayer (LFM) with a few new additions. Regardless, it has transformed my rF2 experience, so let's hope we start to see consistent growth in player numbers. Steam sale is due in a few days, so hopefully S397 will target LFM content and vice versa.

4. shiet

shiet Registered

Well, people are usually reluctant to try beta stuff and on the other hand I think most of the player base don't even know that LFM exists so we need to spread the word. I've seen a couple of youtubers already made videos about LFM+rF2 so I think in time the participation will pick up even more.
    It's already a big achievement that we can race in big grids every 2 hours. If this picks up then iR has something to worry about.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  5. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

Some of the earlyest post here didn't age well.. :D

Still I see and listen from people streaming, many complaint about how to fix mirror, or how to setup their FFB or anything else, or just know what some option do in the car setup or in the oprion config.

Hoyer is doing a good job whit his tutorials, but as usual starting to drive on RF2 it's insanely difficult without the help from someone who is already used to the sims.

6. coasting&cruising

coasting&cruising Registered

Yes Michi's tutorials are very helpful, he's also posting the videos of some coaching sessions which I find very informative on how to improve one's driving style (the next one will be released today).
    Also Yuri Kasdorp has started doing detailed track guides in rF2 (similar to those made by Suellio Almeida for iRacing and by Nils Naujoks for ACC), with tips on how to drive in rF2 and differences on what works in driving style compared to iRacing:

7. dav_0075

dav_0075 Registered

for my part everything works perfectly but for a few days impossible to join the btcc server in practice and/or race .... I think I am in normal version. I don't use candidate realease.
    have you encountered this kind of problem ?

8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Today I have participated in LFM and in betas I have none, that is, the release candidate in LFM is not working

9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

today I participated in LFM and my version is the official one, not beta, not release candidate

10. EricW

EricW Registered

Help people out on the LFM discord.
    Most of the problems we all know that can occure in the setup of game and cars are no competition for the fun of packed grids and exciting races.
    Going LFM, and it being popular is no surprise to me to be honest..logical.
    The difference of presenting your product to a big audience, or expecting your product to attract a big audience.

11. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Do you use a custom skin?, for the moment is not allowed.

12. instinkt

instinkt Registered

@davehenrie @Woodee
    yeah especially this happenin right after I start moving from garage 10km/h
    flat spots for sure, what are u even talking about
    I'm playing this game from few years and I also know how to drive and u talking to me about fucking abs, lmao
    it's bug in the car, wheel almost flying off the rig during "driving" both these Alpine cars
    but "driving" is too big word because it's undriveable at all without very high smoothing
    and even with high smoothing where u losing all ffb details when u driving over some bumps it feels like u hittin the wall
    ffb in this car is garbage, at least on my t500 while official gte, gt3 and tatuus cars are great

this video is from january 2021 I posted it in Alpine thread but I got no answers back then
    but it's still the same after reinstalling whole system and everything in mean time and also changing whole rig beside wheel base
    also some time ago there were some msgs about same issue from t300 user so it seems like this is some issue with thrustmaster wheels

if this looks like flat spots for u then good luck

if u have joining error it's quite possible that u have installed some additional mod from different serie using same cars
    this is the most common issue if u have all components installed properly and u played it earlier
    just delete every mod file after session and it gonna keep u away from the trouble

13. Woodee

Woodee Registered

We didn't know that until this post above. No one on here are mind readers.

justposted likes this.
  14. dav_0075

dav_0075 Registered

the furious of the road the stock cars of uk

15. AKR

AKR Registered

Get errors.. after trying to join practise server, "client and server mismach etc" it says in Rf2. Run the beta release candidate, is this the problem? Got alle the content needed (Alpine series, Loch Drummond).

16. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

They're probably not using release candidate.

atomed and avenger82 like this.
  17. Anthony Lineberry

Anthony Lineberry Registered

You're probably running the Release Candidate. Change back to the stable release version and you should be able to join.

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

in beta none must be activated

jonathon.bisset likes this.
  19. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

20. Tony Raharidzery

Tony Raharidzery Registered

What platform is this?